Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • My turn to be a bit miffed – Some git nicking my pics!!!!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident of these parts told me at the weekend that a certain Malt Loaf company had a couple of my shots from the Big Bike Bash on their website, but thay were credited to me. So I thought I'd have a look, you know, pride and all that….

Well, 'MATT FROM LEICETER' I hope your ffffing proud of yourself you low down theiving son of a dirty mother's itch…! 👿

Lets play snap shall we????

Look at this –

http://www.soreen.com/fruity-fun/soreen-snapshots.html

And compare with –

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_atkin/3852619135/in/set-72157622131361022/
    &
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_atkin/3852614743/in/set-72157622131361022/

I really don't mind people borrowing/using my pics (e.g. – Brant used one once, had the manners to ask first) but crediting them to yourself is taking the pee, frankly.
    All my event photos will be watermaked from now on.

(Talking of which, I've got 600 pics from yesterdays Gorrick race avaiable. Email me with your race number, they are not visible online…. 🙂 )

GaryLake
    Free Member

That sucks mate 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Isn't plagiarism the sincerest form of flattery ?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Malt loaf tastes horrible anyway.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sponging-Machine – Member
    Malt loaf tastes horrible anyway.

Are you insane?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isn't plagiarism the sincerest form of flattery ?

Yes, I suppose it is Simon. Good point. 🙂

Still miffed though. 😕

rOcKeTdOg

it's not right for them to do it, but it'll happen unless you alter settings on flickr to prevent it

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have you mailed soreen about it?

AndyRT
    Free Member

Use photo bucket instead, and make the photos private. Also, seems to link better to this site and isn't owned by BT

coffeeking
    Free Member

Making the photos private sort of defeats the purpose doesnt it?

tiggs121
    Free Member

I've just mailed Soreen – asking who took the photos

Their reply

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your email. I’m not sure which photos you are referring to; I presume the Soreen snapshots on our website and blog? These photos are actually sent in by our fans, so if you have any Soreen snapshots of your own, please feel free to contact me directly and I can post them onto our site http://www.soreen.com.

Best regards,

Katherine

So Peter – apparently you're a "fan"

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would contact them and make sure you get some freebies. Some outdoor clothing company used a picture my business partner took and when he spoke to them about it he got a free waterproof.

A bit wrong though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ask them what procedures they have in place to ensure that people sending in images have authority/copyright on the images they submit…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have you mailed soreen about it?

Yes, as we speak.

Making the photos private sort of defeats the purpose doesnt it?

Yes, it does. I take photos because I like to, it's fun. I give them away to anybody who asks, mates etc.
    But I've recently discovered that people are willing to buy mine (I'm cheap!) if I put the effort in, so the last 2 events I've shot are all stored unseen and watermarked.

EDIT
    It's bloody hard work editing the nearly 800 shots I took yesterday…!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Ask them what procedures they have in place to ensure that people sending in images have authority/copyright on the images they submit…

same question re STW ? Answer: there are none 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Use photo bucket instead, and make the photos private. Also, seems to link better to this site

aren't these mutually exclusive and what does "link better to this site" mean ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

same question re STW ? Answer: there are none

Well true, images get posted everywhere on forums, facebook etc, but if they are crediting people it is a bit different than just linking. If I was advising Soreen I would have told them to have a disclaimer when accepting images.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you really kick up a fuss you could probably get a couple of free malt loaves out of them.

This is an increasing problem though. It's an unfortunate side effect of digital media that it's much easier to nick other people's work – and some people seem to take it beyond the widespread borrowing of content by amateur sites to actually passing work off as their own.

I used to run an online photo contest that received thousands of submissions a month, and we had more than one cheat.

There weren't even any prizes!

grievoustim
    Free Member

I suspect "matt from leicester" doesn't exist

instead whoever put the website together nicked some photos to get things started – and put some made up names on

same as the bbc using production team/ production teams kids to call in as competition winners

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

instead whoever put the website together nicked some photos to get things started – and put some made up names on

Good point. So why not just ask me? One of the bands at BBB asked me, and I said yes. I thought that was just good manners. Everyone's happy.

I don't want freebies. I just want my name at the bottom of the pics, please.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just had a reply…..

"Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch, I will request that this be updated as soon as possible.

If you have any other feedback or Soreen snapshots that you wish to share with us, please get in touch with me directly.
    "

8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I just want my name at the bottom

just get someone to draw it on with felt pen, then you have an excuse to drop your pants :o)

"Hello, who are you?" – drop, bend…

DezB
    Free Member

matt from leicester is an anagram of malt loaf is delicious.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

well spotted!

scaredypants

Matt from Leicester is an anagram of

Treacles Fitter Mom

mmmmmm, proper yummy mummy !!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

well spotted!
    is an anagram of malt loaf is delicious.

well spotted!

I think it actually says "Matt, Leicester" on the website……

And it's not anyway: 'Malt Loaf is delicious' has 3 'L's, 'matt from leicester' only has one……..

scaredypants

Tits Rectal Free Mom

😯

DezB
    Free Member

And it's not anyway: 'Malt Loaf is delicious' has 3 'L's, 'matt from leicester' only has one……..

Well… DUH!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and "Odd Peep Try" is an anagram of Peter Poddy …

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And no Us…

DezB
    Free Member

I must be really stupid is an anagram of DezB

Shibboleth
    Free Member

There's no 'd' in Matt from Leicester… 🙄

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bedz.

DezB
    Free Member

I got it!
    Malt crime to fester :-0

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if it's any help, had I taken those shots I'd have prefered Matt from Leicester to have claimed responsibility…

iDave
    Free Member

would seeing your name on 2 (not very spectacular) photos on a cake website viewed, by, oh, maybe ten's of people, really make you happier?

DezB
    Free Member

😆 Simon's funniest post ever?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

malt loaf is delicious – LIES!

MrsToast
    Free Member

I suspect PeterPoddy is actually a Secret Soreen Agent, and has made this post purely to remind everyone of the greatness of malt loaf.

I really, really fancy some malt loaf now. :/

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I suspect PeterPoddy is actually Matt from Leicester

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘My turn to be a bit miffed – Some git nicking my pics!!!!’ is closed to new replies.