Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • my new wheels ( hope enduro)
  • jedi

https://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/photos/ukbikeskills/13985215676/
    Cant wait to ride and coach tomorrow and test them out

mboy
    Free Member

They the new Hope rims? Was checking them out at Core, supposed to be as strong as Mavic but almost as light as Stans!

jedi

Yeah hope make the rims

mboy
    Free Member

Made for hope actually, by another big rim manufacturer, but to Hope’s design (I spent a good while chatting to one of their tech guys at Core as you might be able to tell!).

Look VERY good… Eyelets like the Mavics, wide and tubeless ready likes Stans… Bring em on! 😛

Northwind

Eyelets just seems to be playing to doofuses who still insist wheels need eyelets… But otherwise look good!

jedi

Basically. A month at herts will find any weakness

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

What’s the weight of the wheelset? Any ideas?

Northwind

I like that one of the first sets in the wild is going straight to someone that’ll test them way harder than we will 😆 Watching with interest.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Lack of green, very disappointed 🙁

Look like lovely wheels though, anyone know the prices?

julzm
    Free Member

OH just ordered these jn 650b for his new bronson c build. They look great, may order some myself once I’ve seen them in action. Website says ” Wheels machine built and hand finished in Barnoldswick ”

sillyoldman

Made by Alex I’m guessing?

AndreyE
    Free Member

Anybody knows the weight of these in 26/650b?

andymc06
    Free Member

About 1900g for 26ers according to Hope.

maxtorque

Are they carbon rims or ally??

tomhoward

Are they carbon rims or ally??

About 1900g for 26ers according to Hope.

Ally I’d say,… Unless the spokes are made of lead.

ska-49
    Free Member

They are heavy, eh! I’ve had a set in my basket for a while but wasn’t sure about the weight. Think I’ll go for Arch Exs instead. ‘Enduro’ wheelsets should be down around 1700g or less for 26”.

jedi

they roll very well!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/niPTod]Untitled[/url] by ukbikeskills, on Flickr

mboy
    Free Member

Eyelets just seems to be playing to doofuses who still insist wheels need eyelets… But otherwise look good!

And the reason you can’t get the same spoke tension into a wheel built with Stans rims as you can with a Mavic, for fear of cracking the rim, is…?

Don’t get me wrong, I think Stans rims are great, but I could never recommend one to anyone who rides really hard. They just won’t take the abuse that Mavic rim can basically!

cynic-al
    Free Member

OMG no one dare mention the sticker faux pas?

😛

njee20
    Free Member

Ally I’d say,… Unless the spokes are made of lead.

Carbon aren’t necessarily lighter than alu. However the clue was the eyelets, you’re not gonna get them in a carbon rim.

And the reason you can’t get the same spoke tension into a wheel built with Stans rims as you can with a Mavic, for fear of cracking the rim, is…?

Mavic rims crack around the eyelets anyway! A Stan’s rim can still take plenty of tension, no real advantage to more. I’m with Northwind.

mattjg
    Free Member

OMG no one dare mention the sticker faux pas?

Any sticker left on a rim is a faux pas.

jedi

what sticker fu?

grahamt1980

Have you started cleaning your bike? That looks far too tidy

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

eyelets or no eyelets, it makes no difference to the tension you can put into the wheel build as a whole.
    The spokes will get to their limit before the rim.

Northwind

mboy – Member

Incompetent wheelbuilding imo. The maximum spoke tension for a Flow Ex is higher than Mavic recommends for any of their standalone rims, 125kgf vs 110kgf. Roger Musson did mine and wasn’t afraid to torque ’em. (I cracked one of them through use, ironically I cracked the Flow at the valve hole, my 721s cracked at the eyelets… Steve Deas did the replacement rim and it’s as tight as a tight thing.)

Toughness of the actual rim is a different question mind 😉 These are supposed to be ‘kin tough, eyelets or no.

jedi

i only cleaned it to show off 😉

Markend
    Free Member

I’ve just received my set of the XC 29er version

scruff
    Free Member

Do these new wheelsets have a quicker / quieter pickup?

jedi

about the same as mavics

craighill
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to get these from? New set of wheels for me in the next couple of weeks and contemplating these over flow ex on pro2

juan
    Free Member

125kgf vs 110kgf

Even 1100N is more than most spokes can handle.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

1900 grams is heavy for a 26″ wheelset is it not? sounds it to me, its not and its not even as wide as the stans either

Onzadog
    Free Member

125kgf vs 110kgf

Even 1100N is more than most spokes can handle.

Sapim race are 1300N/mm2.

1.8mm diameter spoke is 2.5mm2.

That’s over 3000N per spoke.

craighill
    Free Member

Any updates jedi? How are they holding up so far?

sam_underhill

I think the front hub has gone purple 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

Tony have you exploded these yet?

My old rear Flow is nearly kaput, so will be getting Enduro’s or Flow EXs.

Anyone of a proper manly size using straight pull spokes?

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

as I understand Jedi has gone over to Easton havens, as he doesn’t like faffing with tape for tubeless…

seems odd to me, as i don’t find it much faff myself, and due to Easton haven hub issues, availability and cost of spares, I’ve gone from havens to enduros…

in 26″ flavor, so far been good, I have also gone from running a dual ply to a single ply, and put a reasonable size dent in the rim, but its still up (and has been for weeks) holding air, so haven’t taken the tire off yet to try to bend back.

overall, happy for now ~6month use, mainly peak, and a week in the lakes, and a week in the alps in.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘my new wheels ( hope enduro)’ is closed to new replies.