Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • My new bike….Italian niche content..and pics!!
  • nasher
    Free Member

Well not quite…will get it in September 100% Italian (made in turin not Taiwan)175 mm travel with the new RS vivid andfox van 180's up front, lots of kit from these guys

more info here so what do youu guys think?

rOcKeTdOg

looks pimp,can you only ride it in the wet? how was the test ride?

roblerner
    Free Member

Tasty.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I'm not a curvey tube fan, but that looks very well thought out and executed.

The Player looks like a cool frame too (apart from the DHXa):

tails
    Free Member

made in turin not Taiwan

So it'll be like a shopping trolley then!

Very nice looking bike I'm sure it'll be great, but why anyone would still hold the relic of a thought that a Taiwan made frame would be of lesser quality than a European made frame is beyond me.

Do you get to choose the colour?

ctk
    Free Member

Lots of nice looking framesets- what colour have you gone for?

Clink

This looks cool!

nickc

Not normally a fan of bent tubes, but that looks ace. Pictures when it's built would be cool.

juan
    Free Member

Humm, you must put easily swapable brakes on it to not spoil the lines 😉
    (nothing to do with me wanting a test ride indeed 😉 )

nasher
    Free Member

Very nice looking bike I'm sure it'll be great, but why anyone would still hold the relic of a thought that a Taiwan made frame would be of lesser quality than a European made frame is beyond me.

nothing wrong with tawain made frames but when a santa cruz fetches 2k a frame and made in taiwan and this one is 1.5 why is a santa cruz so much more expensive?

the colour will be black anodised with red or gold anodised bits..

Juan I will have the carver too, a 150mm travel machine for you to try…

backhander
    Free Member

Nice.

AlexSimon

This looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing the full build.
    I had a close look at these when I started the "full sus bikes not made in Taiwan" thread, but I never got prices.

Are you in Italy or did you import?

1.5k sounds very reasonable for the level of detail in that frame (linkages/dropouts/forming).

nols
    Free Member

looks nice dude. Saw some MDE stuff awhile back in Finalé. Their later stuff looks better thought out. My only slight concern would be the headtube angle, however thats almost certainly the fault of a wide angle lens being used to shoot it. Talk about level of detail, I love that it has both sets of ISCG holes so you can mount either type of Chain Device. Great if you're coming from a specialized.

Who's the new UK distributor? I take it E**ry is no longer involved.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Not usually a fan of "big bikes" but I really like that one. Seem to have a pretty big range too.

MDE Bikes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘My new bike….Italian niche content..and pics!!’ is closed to new replies.