Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My first Gorrick in 18 years
  • Netdonkey

I have not raced since I was a junior however I fancy having a go again. I plan to enter the last Gorrick spring race. probably in the fun class as I intend on having a bit of fun.

Any tips?

The race starts at 12:15 when can you ride a lap of the course before hand?

Ta

njee20
    Free Member

Whenever you want from about 9 on Sunday morning, just stay out of the way of the other racers.

Just enjoy yourself. It’ll be fast, as you’ll no doubt remember. In fun you really need a good start, it’ll be utter carnage at the first bit of singletrack!

fbk
    Free Member

It’s about that long since I last did a Gorrick race – they were great when I was at uni in London 🙂

I wasn’t a Junior then though…. 🙁

Netdonkey

njee20,

Thanks for the advice I shall worm my way to the front of the start pack.

I presume it still pulls a fair crowd then?

SteveWarwick
    Free Member

A practice lap would be a good idea. There was a few crashes at the last one that involved a trip in an ambulance. It’s good to know where the good bits (fast and steep!) are. We try to get out for a practice lap after the Master cat starts as the track is a bit emptier then.

Steve

Netdonkey

Steve,

Thanks for the tip on the timing my practice. My second to last race as a junior ended in a broken leg caused by not riding the course!

ade
    Free Member

How did you find it? I rode in the fun category and huge fun. The course designers had done an amazing job putting together a challenging, fast and technical lap, I was impressed (and ready to throw up by the time I finished my second lap).

Kind of gutted there aren’t any more short-course Gorrick races until the Autumn…

ade
    Free Member

Hold on, I’ve just realised why that username felt a bit familiar. Doh & facepalm.

(for other readers, he’s my neighbour)

allthepies
    Free Member

The course designers had done an amazing job putting together a challenging, fast and technical lap, I was impressed

They do have quite a few years experience of this sort of thing and it shows 🙂

robbo
    Free Member

Yes that was probably my favourite Gorrick course by a long shot – amazingly never ridden that one before – but it was great – just the right mix of terrain.

Ade – try the SouthernXC at Wasing near Aldermaston for your next fix. Course is very similar to a Gorrick – pretty flat, nothing mental steep and with a bit of luck the bluebells will still be out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My first Gorrick in 18 years’ is closed to new replies.