Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • MY CROSSLIGHT BUILD UPDATE (PICS)
  • organic355
    Free Member

So my crosslight Pro6 build has progressed a little, got wheels now, still waiting on chainset and casette (DHL lost them apparently).

Then all Ive got to do is decide on cable discs or wait for SRAM Red hydraulic, but not sure I can wait until september if thats when its gonna be.

Anyway heres some pics, tell me what you think? (be nice).

Ignore the bubble wrap around the tope tube (handlebars keep swinging into it, and just protecting the paintwork while I build it)

baldSpot
    Free Member

very nice, apart from wheels. should have went for black hubs&rims

nosemineb
    Free Member

Looks great. Hopefully I will have my white one soon so keep the pics coming in the meantime.

xander
    Free Member

Nice bike. Are you planning on installing a 60T chainring?!

Have to agree re wheels I’m afraid. Not a fan of white wheels, plus they have a braking surface which you don’t need.

Lovely frame.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Looks nice. I would wait for the Sram red or order it from the U.S.

Also the stem is the wrong way up (IMHO) +1 for black wheels

Tiger6791

Holy maximum headset spacers Batman!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Are the hubs made by Hope and are they specific to road/cyclo riding or are they pro 2’s on 700 rims?

organic355
    Free Member

Holy maximum headset spacers Batman!

You have obviously never built a bike before? Leaving the max on to start with until I get the fit right, then trimming the forks as needed.

Are the hubs made by Hope and are they specific to road/cyclo riding or are they pro 2’s on 700 rims?

Just Hope Pro 2 Evos on 700c rims (velocity A23)

I like my white rims so *raspberry sound* to the lot of ya!! 😆

organic355
    Free Member

Are you planning on installing a 60T chainring?!

took me a while to figure this out but assume you mean front mech is too high? It was just a guess at the position from other bikes as I dont have chainset yet.

sefton
    Free Member

whats the plan for the bike? are you going racing or just out riding rd & trails?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks good. Enjoy.

ourmaninthenorth

Very nice..!

Though my Uncle John is hardly any age, I still fancy something as white as that..!

organic355
    Free Member

whats the plan for the bike? are you going racing or just out riding rd & trails?

This is gonna be my do it all bike, I plan to do some local trails on it and maybe try some racing, not sure. Unfortunately day to day this is going to have to be used for commuting as my road bike is on its last legs.

I do have a full suss MTB build planned, so the crosslight may actually replace my hardtail when I transfer all the bits over to the FS but these are all just dreams requiring a lottery win or sale of organs.

organic355
    Free Member

plus they have a braking surface which you don’t need.

wanted the rims to be able to also run road tyres at higher pressures and dont know of a rim capable of this which doesn’t have a braking surface. perhaps soon when discs on CX/road bikes become more common, there will be more road rims available without braking surfaces.

Tiger6791

Your garage look neat though 🙂

Garage OCD?

organic355
    Free Member

Garage OCD?

I did consider drawing outlines round everything hanging on the wall to show where everything went, but my wife had to stop me 🙂

relliott6879
    Free Member

tk46halMember

organic355Member

Just Hope Pro 2 Evos on 700c rims (velocity A23)

Good combo. I’ve got a set of Pro 2s on Mavic Open Pros and I love ’em.

You need some shamelessly vain Hope skewers to set them off though… 😛

organic355
    Free Member

You need some shamelessly vain Hope skewers to finish set them off though…

Black or red to match?

Mister-P
    Free Member

To match your workstand.

relliott6879
    Free Member

organic355Member

Black or red to match?

On that particular bike, I’d go red.

relliott6879
    Free Member

Mister PMember

To match your workstand.

What is that?

relliott6879
    Free Member

Aah, now I see…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nice apart from the white rims, looks like you’re trying for the fixie style.

Funnily enough I passed a guy last night on a white road bike, white parts, white wheel, looked a bit silly. Each to their own though and I hope you enjoy it.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

dont know of a rim capable of this which doesn’t have a braking surface.

Halo Aerotrack! been using mine for over a year with a similar setup

organic355
    Free Member

For those that are interested:

Couldn’t sleep yesterday and got up at 4:30am and put cassette, chainset and chain on before work.

and I know my powerlink isn’t closed properly, just testing out chain length before I cable up

organic355
    Free Member

discs on, brakes on, shifters on and steerer trimmed (leaving some to play with on top), just gotta cable up and tape the bars and done, just waiting for some new cable cutters to arrive.

really chuffed with it and cant wait to get out on it.

Think the shifters need to move up a bit in the first pic and not sure if I got the angle of the bars right yet?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Looking really nice 8)
    Hope to have mine within a week. 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

If it was mine….

I’d flip the stem and then push the hoods a but further back up the bars to get a nice flat top.

Like it. And the tidy garage..!

johnny

I like it, and the white rims/bars/post. Bikes are for fun, so make them look fun. 😀

The garage is pleasing too. What is the floor covered with? I could do with something similar.

organic355
    Free Member

The garage is pleasing too. What is the floor covered with? I could do with something similar.

BAUFIX Floor Paint which was a LIDLS special, was a right PITA clearign everything out, but defintiely worth it as it really stops the dust.

or do you mean the black rubber stuff? – they are 17mm solid rubber mats for under the weights bench.

sefton
    Free Member

SO TIDY & CLEAN 😯

rOcKeTdOg

The pipe lagging needs to go the other end of the top tube for shouldering

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘MY CROSSLIGHT BUILD UPDATE (PICS)’ is closed to new replies.