Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My Camelbak stinks of dog
  • righog
    Free Member

Sh1t 😯

Could not see any but it smells pretty bad, so powerwashed, soaked in bleach solution powerwashed again, left on the washing in sunshine for two days and it still stinks 😡

whats the new Mule NV like

righog
    Free Member

To Nasty for You all ?

I now think I generated the smell by replicating the internals of a dog, by leaving orange juice in the reservoir rather than picking it up on the trail.

But the Question still stands anybody prefer the NV’s to the older style camelbaks ?

footflaps

I prefer my NV HAWG to the original (or at least my 8 year old version).

righog
    Free Member

Thanks Footflaps,

On Merlin they have the old style Mule ( the type i have ruined ) which I have found to be good at £50, and the new style NV Mule and HAWG for around £80. I will probably go NV but just need to decided on which one.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I just take the bladder out of my Mule and sling it in the washing machne with washing powder and a bit of hydrogen peroxide, comes out clean and fresh!

NJA

Washed mine yesterday with non bio washing powder in the washing machine, came out lovely – washing was because my son had broken a bottle of beer in it when he used it last, then hidden it for a couple of weeks rather than fessing up it smelt rank pre washing.

righog
    Free Member

Just out of the washer now. smelling a bit better lets see what it’s like when dry. Good call everyone.

Think I will go for the HAWG then, as the Mule looks savable and the Mrs is expecting to see a new one 😀

Bladder is going in the bin though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My Camelbak stinks of dog’ is closed to new replies.