Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • My big mouth in the supermarket.
  • morpheus
    Free Member

Trimix……Self righteous ****

+2

jabbathehut
    Free Member

morpheus – Member

+2

+3

Dougal
    Free Member

try that at Sainsburys Salford and you'll end up in the the meat counter!

Let the riff-raff in your one eh?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Look at this way at least the poor old battery turkeys didnt have to live too long to make them.
    My daughter will only eat 'pre-chewed' meat as I call it. Personally hate the stuff but at least she is getting some protein in her, better than none……..No, No No it smy daughter before you very bad people out there start coming out with lewd/crude stuff.
    Point is it is about personal choice and sometimes its good to try to educate in a subtle way but then sometimes a smack in the gob often offends when you get it wrong.

nonk
    Free Member

dougal sainsbury are there to keep the riff raff out of waitrose.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

I think i'd have told you to **** off and stop being a sanctimonious ****

then proceed to pick apart your shopping pointing out all your shortcomings to your equally sanctimonious wife

mudshark
    Free Member

Is it not illegal to use growth hormone on animals here? We don't import US beef for that reason.

I wonder if someone might want to make animal shaped products out of healthy food – you know, for the kids.

Sandwich

Suggseys' daughter to be phased in by 2025? 😮

langy
    Free Member

One of my wife's very young cousins (6? 7?) suffers from a mental illness as well as Down Syndrome; he LITERALLY won't eat certain things at certain times. For a while he would only eat Nutella sandwiches.

What do you do? Feed him something[/u]? Or nothing – and then he ends up in hospital on a drip? That really is the only alternative due to the dis-order he has; there is no real reasoning with him and the "when he's hungry, he'll eat" thing doesn't apply as he doesn't function that way intellectually; he doesn't grasp that what he is doing is harming himself.

The chances that this couples child is like that is pretty low but doesn't mean you have to pass judgement on everyone based on your presumptions.

Thinking it is one thing; I do it everytime I walk past the likes of Macca's or KFC and someone who is obviously obese is chewing down on a big mac 🙄 but save the comment for the wife when you are in the car, surely? Then it's just between you two…

lowey

Trimix… what the chuff has it got to do with you what people buy and eat. I'd have told you to **** right off. Pompous clown.

steve-g
    Free Member

You are Mrs Merton and I claim my five pounds

david_r
    Free Member

morpheus – Member

+2

+3

+4

What a bellend.

uplink
    Free Member

I don't for one minute believe the OP

Walter Mitty IMO

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, he might be. And he might be rude.

But he's right.

hels
    Free Member

In defence of Trimix – I often say things out loud that I should have kept in my head (and jump queues) – it's a cultural thing I think a bit too, people aren;t as inclined to take offence quite so easily where I come from. (and will have you up for queue jumping, politely but firmly rather than muttering and looking at you firmly)

So fair point but next time remember where you live and just give them one of those British Class War superior looks.

takisawa2

I wonder…during dinosaur times…did they have Turkey shaped Dinosaur pieces…?

I can see it now…two Neanderthal couples, having the same conversation during a hunt or food gathering exercise.
    "Ugggh mammoth. Dino shapes. Urrgh, how can eat urrgh shit"
    "Urrgh mammoth, All will eat. Urrgh. mammoth."

Back then the OP would probably have had a spear in the head.

This is assuming:
    a). They had spears back then.
    b). Ignoring there being no Turkeys until that chortly Mathews bloke invented them.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Trimix I bet your wife thinks your a pompous fanny too.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Has this thread got unneccessarily abusive? I think maybe it has. 🙂

PJ266
    Free Member

Hark at you lot! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

If I had some crap food in my shopping trolley and the bloke behind made a comment about it I think I'd agree with him too. I'm always telling my kid off for not wanting healthy food, but you have to feed them something and sometimes its crap.
    I don't think anyone (except a f&^*ing moron) would actually hit, or even abuse someone for such a comment. In reality that is. Obviously, on a forum full of virtual hard nuts, it's different.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Trimix is right. And it strikes me that there are a lot of people on this thread being way more sanctimonious and ****like than he was originally. Is it so hard to hear the truth?

And comments about someone's wife when there's nothing in the OP that gives anything away about what she was up to in this exchange are bang out of order.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

In defence of Trimix who is a top bloke … if you read the thread properly he was talking to his wife! The bloke buying the dinosaurs engaged him in conversation, so once that has occurred I say "fair game"! Self-righteous … I don't think so! But wouldn't we all be boring if we had the same opinions!!

Gary_C

Trimix has gone all quiet.Wonder why?

(Probably trying to get his high horse through the doors at his local supermarket!)

terrahawk
    Free Member

I wish it was me buying the offensive food. I would have loved to tell you to f*ck right off at the top of my voice.

I think you've made the story up anyway, presumably hoping for everyone on here to hail you hero.
    surely nobody is that much of a dickhead. Are they?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I once made a rather loud derogatory comment about 2 bottles of very cheap chardonnay and a 3l bottle of white lightening that had been left on the side of the till, while waiting for a couple to finish packing up their goods. I had assumed that some brizzol underage scummers had been refused by the cashier …

… only for the supervisor to pitch up a short while later and put it through the till for the underage cashier. Purchasers of said cheap plonk shot me a dirty look and scuttled off. I felt like an utter git.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Gary_C maybe Trimix is at work busy! Unlike the rest of us lazy buggers!
    Incorrect I've just heard that Trimix is out preaching to fat people!!!

Mattie_H
    Free Member

I think you've made the story up anyway, presumably hoping for everyone on here to hail you hero.

I can guarantee that he's not made this up… But like I said before, he's right.

uplink
    Free Member

I can guarantee that he's not made this up.

I take it you were there then?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I don't think anyone (except a f&^*ing moron) would actually hit, or even abuse someone for such a comment. In reality that is. Obviously, on a forum full of virtual hard nuts, it's different.

+1
    There really are a lot of het-up posters on this thread aren't there? "I'm indignant at the thought that someone would dare to pass comment on my choice of gristle-based, novelty shaped food for my children."

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Crispedwheel yup that's what I was thinking!!!!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is it so hard to hear the truth?

Well I certainly don't have a problem with the truth.

And according to Trimix the truth is, quote : " told him its made in a factory from battery turkeys, stuffed full of growth hormones and water."

Now what I do have a problem with, is liars. And according to the Bernard Matthews website, Bernard Matthews Farms don't, and have never, battery farmed – no turkey is kept in a cage – they are all reared free-range, or indoors. They also claim not to use any growth promoters or hormones at all. Nor any artificial flavours or colours in any of their products.

We know that Bernard Matthews are lying, because Trimix has told us (and the geezer in the supermarket queue) the truth. That's why I think Trimix should approach, armed with his evidence, Trading Standards.

For a company to knowingly lie like that to the public, is a very serious offence – so Bernard Matthews can expect a massive fine. For the sake of little children everywhere, I reckon Trimix should do it.

Gary_C

ernie,did the op say that they were a Bernard Matthews product?

odannyboy
    Free Member

supply and demand.
    crap exists cos people buy and want it.

(tho i think its scandelous how little education as to what is in our food exists- dont know if putting the world to rights at the checkout counts as "educating" tho… :lol:)

Gary_M
    Free Member

Does the op have kids?

PJ266
    Free Member

Im not sure whether I love STW or hate it? Some threads are excellent, funny and interesting. Others, like this one, are just full of bumders.

😈

DezB
    Free Member

Im not sure whether I love STW or hate it

Thats what's so bloody addictive though innit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

did the op say that they were a Bernard Matthews product?

Good point. "Turkey Dinosaurs" are a product produced by Bernard Matthews Farms. Are there other, less scrupulous producers, who market "Turkey Dinosaurs" which are 'made in a factory from battery turkeys, stuffed full of growth hormones' ?

Was that the problem – Trimix noticed that the Turkey Dinosaurs weren't Bernard Matthews ones, and he was incensed that the muppet in the queue was buying the wrong ones ?

sofatester
    Free Member

Does the op have kids?

The usual get out clause for being irrational, self centered and always right returns again! 🙄

Gary_C

Was that the problem – Trimix noticed that the Turkey Dinosaurs weren't Bernard Matthews ones, and he was incensed that the muppet in the queue was buying the wrong ones ?

BOOTIFUL!!!!

😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

The usual get out clause for being irrational, self centered and always right returns again!

Simple enough question I thought. If he doesn't then he has no idea what it's like to feed a kid. One may well try to impose their strict eating regimes on them but it doesn't always work.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘My big mouth in the supermarket.’ is closed to new replies.