Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • My big mouth in the supermarket.
  • Trimix
    Free Member

I was overheard in the supermarket que today, commenting on the "Turkey shaped dinosaurs" the next customer was buying. I said to my wife something along the lines of "How can people eat that shite, there cant be any turkey in it".

The bloke buying it turned to me, holding up the packet, pointing at the ingredients written on the side – "Says here, its got turkey in it"

I laughed and told him its made in a factory from battery turkeys, stuffed full of growth hormones and water.

His wife replied in a rather pleading manner, saying "Its all our daughter will eat" as some sort of justification for buying dinosaur shaped bits of Turkey.

I responded to both of them, and the now large audience, "Your the ones bloody buying it for her"

To the blokes credit he did respond by saying I had a fair point.

nonk
    Free Member

you are of course right but a bit rude perhaps. 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well done for educating someone.

I would have said, how can someone be heartless enough to eat that shite, its got meat in it and then had a rant about 'meat is murder'. An enlightening experience for them

Gary_M
    Free Member

As a grown up had you spoken to me like that I'd have told you to **** off. Well done to the guy for not telling you the same. Did someone appoint you as the supermarket food police

dan74
    Free Member

That's nowt…
    My work mate went to the supermarket with his missus, was browsing the veg and saw what he thought was his wifes arm reaching for some readily prepared funghi.'F&*KIN CHOPPED MUSHROOMS'!? He bellowed, A rather shocked lady exclaimed 'I WORK'! He apologised and scurried off redfaced 😆

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I think you did well not being told to F off and mind your own business. I empathise, as I often comment on stuff and my wifes response is that someone will stab me 😯

bigbloke
    Free Member

Trimix……Self righteous ****

grumm
    Free Member

God I don't know how people can shop in a supermarket – do you know about the way they exploit farmers and destroy independent shops?

😛

GrahamS

you are of course right but a bit rude perhaps.

+1 😀

I usually just shake my head and mutter under my breath like a good little Britisher.

rOcKeTdOg

Goan would have done a proper job and lamped him one too

mamadirt
    Free Member

Turkey dinosaurs rock! 8) . . . or at least they did 10 years ago.

johnners
    Free Member

Sanctimonious twerp.

Smee
    Free Member

Erm – no I wouldnt – it's got **** all to do with me what people feed their kids.

vinnyeh

You were wrong with your first comment, so had to have another go to prove your self righteousness.
    What makes you think you were correct with that statement?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Should've offered to pray for their daughter……

vinnyeh

I'm hoping rocketdog was talking about Goan lamping trimix..

Marmoset
    Free Member

Where do they get the dinosaur to make " Turkey shaped dinosaurs" from??? 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Eating shite is ok now and again. I'm an adult and can eat what the **** I want.

On the other hand I would entertain the idea of giving them to my daughter…or comment on other folks shopping.

theboatman
    Free Member

Must be a troll surely people aren't such cocks.

IanMunro
    Free Member

To the blokes credit he did respond by saying I had a fair point.
    To the blokes credit he didn't deck you 🙂

hora
    Free Member

In Unicorn supermarket/Chorlton I read a notice objecting to a Tesco metro opening up the road. I commented why? Whats the prob? to mrshora….and was overheard ..I barely escaped with my life from the place

Daffy

I'd have emptied the pack of dinosaur things all over you and your missus.

🙄

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've just been to the supermarket and bought a tub of marinated anchovies, some pomegranate, a bag of crisps and an oatmeal and raisin cookie for supper. I'm unclear whether this gives me the moral high ground in an argument about reconsituted turky parts shaped like dinosaurs, so I reckon I'll keep my mouth shut. 😀

Taff
    Free Member

haha! My mrs and I have the same discussions albeit a little quieter. I told my sister off for feeding my nieces those. It's all turkey for sure but it's mostly mechanically reclaimed and I bet people wouldn't eat it if they saw it processed.

I think Jamie's Kitchen did an episode on this… think Bernard Matthews.

nonk
    Free Member

you could i spose just stand by the tills all day and shout your all a bunch of p*ssheads all day long and would be somewhere near the mark 😆

Taff
    Free Member

or stand in asda and ask why 80% of the user are pregnant teens

Smee
    Free Member

I always thought that this forum was full of turkeys, turns out i'm wrong – close though.

Kato

The 'large audience' were all thinking you were a ****t

fivespot
    Free Member

TurkeyLadocus mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thomthumb
    Free Member

when i worked in a supermarket i felt sorry for the families who bought piles and piles of crisps, turkey dinosaurs and other crap, not a vefetable, fruit or anything fresh (maybe a cream cake)!

nothing, bar cheap white bread, that would go mouldy within the month.

you know it's bad when you eat worse than a student!

sturmey
    Free Member

My brother worked on a checkout once and a guy came through with just a jar of vasaline and a cucumber dont know what that says about him. 😉

hora
    Free Member

I bought some nail vanish from Superdrug this week. BOTH older females decided to engage me on this and pisstake. I put this down to me looking lovely, friendly and cuddly to the female 😉

avdave2

I think your lucky not to have a stegosaurus halfway up your arse.

Wozza
    Free Member

Explains everything, try that at Sainsburys Salford and you'll end up in the the meat counter!

That said… Doesn't stop us taking the piss, greatest one we ever saw was this Dad asking his kid what he wanted for dinner? Micro chips he says… righto son! In they go.

Nutrition Fail.

sc-xc

I think your lucky not to have a stegosaurus halfway up your arse.

😀

Nico
    Free Member

mamadirt – Member
    Turkey dinosaurs rock! . . . or at least they did 10 years ago.

Before they became extinct.

Peregrine
    Free Member

I suppose you do have a point but its not always fair to share it with others, some people may not be quite so understanding of your point.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

live and let live.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Trimix……Self righteous ****

+1

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

stuffed full of growth hormones and water.

It's not some random bloke in a supermarket queue you should be telling – try Trading Standards.

Because apparently Bernard Matthews reckon they don't use growth hormones, and the only added ingredients to the turkey in the Turkey Dinosaurs is, "vegetable oil and starch, coated in breadcrumbs".

Do it – I reckon they'll get a well hefty fine…….which will teach the lying bashturds a lesson.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘My big mouth in the supermarket.’ is closed to new replies.