Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Much Wenlock?
  • Paul-j

anyone got any ideas about what worth doing round this area?

any ideas welcome other than dogging!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hopton woods and the long mynd are both very close by.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Curry in the Bilash and a few pints in the George and Dragon.

Or as said Hopton or the long Mynd.

There is also the Wrekin 10 mins away. Mountain boarding at the Edge?

project
    Free Member

Visit the phone boxes and cottage where clockwise was filmed.

Not a lot of things to do there otherwise, except the down hill mtb coures just outside the town,

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I went to school there. Project has it about right.

Nick

Easy xc/lanes ride to the Long Mynd, make it hard by going over the Lawley and along the north side of Caer Caradoc 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

Ironbridge is also just down the road unless it’s still under water!

Markie
    Free Member

There’s a museum, a bridge of historical note and a sports centre with a pool (attached to the secondary school).

Nick

The priory is nice for 30 mins and there is a great butcher on the main street.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Eastridge has to be worth a visit too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Take your bike to Ironbridge, ride Brosley Woods near the Old Power Station and up along towards MW, then hit the top of Old Brosley then back down through the woods towards the river and along the old Railway line following the trail to the old Railway Station just past Jackfield, head over the river and back along to Blists Hill through the woods and head back into Ironbridge, head down toward Coalbrookdale and turn right at the Church on the hill and back into “my” woods and up along the trails into the old quarry. Once you get there head left towards Lawley Bank and through the old Brickworks and head along the trails until Dawley. Once there head west towards the old clay quarries at the top of the Irobridge Gorge and then back through the woods to the river, head home towards the old Power Station again..

I Love That Place!!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I used to do a route like that when I lived there, bikebouy! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bloody love it, I’m back up there in a few weeks time and I’m itching to rideout there again…

#wipestearfrommyeye 😆

BillMC

Ludlow Food Hall is well worth visiting.

Much Wenlock is famous for its morris dances recorded by Cecil Sharp before 1914.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, plenty thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Much Wenlock?’ is closed to new replies.