Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • No 4 Suspension Lube – any good ?
  • iainc

this stuff ? My can of Squirt is approaching empty so need more of same or alternative

iainc

Oh well….

DickBarton

Unsure but I’m liking Pedros Ice Wax 2.0. I have a bottle of Squirt ready when that stuff ends so I’ll compare them.
    The Pedros stuff is about 9 quid so cheaper than the stuff in your link…

iainc

^^^^ those are chain lubes though. The one I’m talking about is for suspension – stanchions, reverbs, shocks.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

This contains ‘oils, waxes and Nano particles’ also. Yours for about 69p.. 🙂

iainc

have you tried that on your fork stanchions ? 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yes kids. 🙂

I have been using that (or similar variants) on my fork stanchions since 2011. No baby owls have died. All 9 pairs of forks I use continue to work really well. Polish on, pump up and down a bit, then wipe off. Silky.

The only thing I’d never use on my forks again is the ol’ ‘drop of chain lube’ tip – as often suggested on this forum. I’ve stupidly killed two sets of forks with this (why I did it twice – I have no idea, other than probably because people kept saying it was the right thing to do).

Chain lube (Finish Line wet conditions, in this case) lubes the seals okay, but it also is impossible to clean off completely afterward. The remainder then happily sits there, attracting grit and mud like snot – and using them as a grinding paste on your stanchions.

Furniture polish doesn’t do this. It’s waxy, not sticky.

andysredmini
    Free Member

If you really feel like you need to lube your suspension just pick any one of the available non bike specific silicon spray lubes. wd40 do one among others. You certainly don’t need to spend £14 on a bottle.

iainc

^^^^^ aye, it does seem a hell of a price. Think I’ll just order an other can of Fork Juice, as it has served me well for last few years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘No 4 Suspension Lube – any good ?’ is closed to new replies.