Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MTL Challenge (annual bog fest)
  • stumpyjon

Anyone else contemplating dragging themselves around 47 miles of soggy moorland this weekend to fund the mountain rescue.

I need a bit of peer pressure to make me do it this year, done it for the last 2 years but really not psyched up for it this year (and my thighs were killing me after 27 miles on Sunday). More details here if anyone's interrested.

Moomin
    Free Member

Thinking of paying on the day, vowed never to do it again after last year. Found it very tough coming in at 6hr 50. They are doing it anti clockwise this year so will be a different ride which is making me think of doing it but will be on my full suss this year.
    Its raising money for a good cause aswell.

twinklydave

Yeah, I'll probably be entering on the day – it's going to be lovely and dry this year
    :fact:

MrSparkle

I've never known it to be that boggy. MTFU!
    Sadly I won't be able to go this time as my missus is doing the Yorkshireman 1/2 mara that day.

wildrnes
    Free Member

Not doing it this year I am doing the holm valley ride instead

stumpyjon

Just been asked when it is by my R & D director. He did it last year and seriously beat me. Thing is he's not pysched up for it either so was of little help. Probably will do it (especially as the weather looks OK between now and then), fancy doing it in reverse although I'm not looking forward to the first hill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MTL Challenge (annual bog fest)’ is closed to new replies.