Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • MTB Water Bottle
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as a good or a bad bottle?

Decent nozzle and easy to get a good slurp would be ideal!

Can’t fit one of those big old bastards on the frame so a medium sized one!

Kryton57

Quickly order something from SIS with a free Sky bottle.  500ml, very light and dispense fluids PDQ.

Bez

Podium Dirt is a better option for off-road.

Can’t remember the last time I used a water bottle that wasn’t made by Camelbak…

drewd

I use a Camelbak dirt chill which works well. It might be a bit too big for your frame though.

joemmo
    Free Member

small Camelbak podium with the dirt cap unless you like sucking out a plug of crud with your slurp.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, podium dirt.

llama

Yep, podium with the cap

scotroutes

Any bottle and a Pooguard­®

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2eqSPfe]Pooguard1[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2eqSPhP]Pooguard[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

tjagain

any bottle and mudguards? I currently am using some I got for a quid from halfords

benp1

Camelbak podium is my fave, we have six as a family. Also rate the elite one that has a lid, protects the spout from crap, comes in two sizes as well

simonloco
    Free Member

Love the fabric gripper bottles we do in the shop, bobbly top grippy bit, good bite valve and nice wide opening for cleaning

Bez

Nice work on the Pooguard. What is it? Guttering?

scotroutes

Trade secret mate 😉

It does come in a choice of grey, black or brown though..

oikeith

I am liking the Specialized bottles at the moment, the water comes out PDQ and have no issues losing any it form my cage. Only £8-ish at Cyclesurgery.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Podium Dirt looks decent – is there much differce in length between the normal and the Chill 620? Camelbak website has the chilled one as shorter but think that might be a print error as the normal one looks quite a bit shorter!

Bez

Just plonked them next to each other, the standard 21oz (620ml) version reaches up to the base of the twist-lock bit of the bite valve where it meets the main body of the cap. So the 21oz Chill is maybe an inch and a half taller. And the standard 24oz (710ml) bottle is halfway between the two.

BillOddie

Camelbak Podium Dirt about 8thed.

peteimpreza

Using Podium Dirt at the moment and impressed so far.

Elite have just released a MTB version of the Fly bottle.

Will be giving these a go once I get around to placing an order.

joebristol

Camelback podium is quite expensive and the one I had went mouldy inside the fancy spout and I couldn’t get it all out.

The best bottle I have used is actually the cheapest – a decathlon one branded ‘Aptonia’. I can’t see it on their website now though.

Key things are a rubberised mouthpiece and a flip lid over the top to keep the dirt out. At 600ml size these are ideal where you have a bike with a shock that mounts under the top tube.

DezB
    Free Member

went mouldy inside the fancy spout and I couldn’t get it all out.

Easy to take apart and clean out. Some kid made a youtoob video of it.

savoyad

Elite supercorsa (version with lid). Often on promo in Halfords.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Think I will try the Podium Dirt (non chilled) and an Elite Cage – should be good enough for short rides!

antigee

Think I will try the Podium Dirt (non chilled) and an Elite Cage – should be good enough for short ride!

that combo is exactly how i cut my jib, for warmer days do have the larger 4x cooler variant and yes like any bottle if you put crappy stuff in you pull them apart and stick in baby bottle steriliser on a regular basis

Saccades
    Free Member

Podium bite not as good for holding onto the bottle as the regular design if you want to drink on the move.

joemmo
    Free Member

The newer podium nozzle is easier to clean out FWIW. You can tell them from the previous design as the bottle cap is bevelled with a flat top. The older ones have a more curved cap and twisty bit.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I tend not to drink much on the move – usually when taking a breather between the twisty stuff or a climb!

antigee

joemmo
    The newer podium nozzle is easier to clean out FWIW. You can tell them from the previous design as the bottle cap is bevelled with a flat top. The older ones have a more curved cap and twisty bit.

good point I had noticed some easier to get apart and clean than others forgot they’d changed the top but not really looked at other than to check open/close the same…will sort and mark up so hydralite or gatorade only goes in the easy to clean and the others stay as water only

jayx2a
    Free Member

I tried the fidlock twist this weekend. Luckily when I knocked it with my leg and it flew off it didn’t disappear too far!

Going back to a cage!

TheSlider
    Free Member

Love that ‘poo guard’ mate. Brilliant 😂

alpin
    Free Member

Camelbak lid is a crap design, imo. Catches all the crud.

Like the Fabric bottles. Not the clicky cage-less ones. Easy to wipe clean the spout and soft /supple enough to wedge into the cage.

Bottles Rock!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Camelbak lid is a crap design, imo. Catches all the crud.

Podium dirt doesn’t, great bottle.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Looked at the elite fly ones too. They seemed a little too thin!

jayx2a
    Free Member

The Elite Fly bottle just seems to crumple and does not hold any shape. It’s just too thin!!

I now have a zee cage on and where as before the podium dirt 620 was tight I can now get it in with ease.

The zee cage really does hold very well.

It will also take the 710 podium bottles. Will I genuinely notice an extra 90ml on a ride?! Is that like 3 gulps extra?!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have a zee cage, pisses me off how it doesn’t really fit anything other than spesh bottles.

I only use it for the wee tool bottle now, elite cage is a million times better.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Total opposite for me. The zee cage II holds on to the podium far better than the elite prism and the XC one.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘MTB Water Bottle’ is closed to new replies.