Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 185 total)
  • MTB Roadies….
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

Can we just turn this into a roadbike lovein with pics now please?

mdb
    Free Member

Before you do anything you better learn THE RULES

atlaz
    Free Member

To answer the OP:

Two mountain bikes
    Two road bikes (one geared, one SS)

AndyP
    Free Member

the hustler what the hell have you got in that seatpack!!

oh, and yes, 2 road bikes plus a TT bike. 3 MTB rides so far this year..!

njee20
    Free Member

I thought in 2010 they were all on Specialized. It was only 2011 that the Schlecks switched to Trek with Leopard.

Yes, agreed, but in 2009 Contador won the TdF on an Astana Trek, I was guessing that was the significance of the yellow square. Perhaps that’s not though, as Andy didn’t win white on a Trek.

stox
    Free Member

Must take some different pictures!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeah, Im not a cyclist, Im a road rider.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have drops and skinnies (28mm) but it also has a compact triple, 11-34 cassette and hydraulic discs. Not sure the roadies will ever accept me.

jam-bo

Before you do anything you better learn THE RULES

rules schmules.

this guy breaks so many of them.

http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?advsearchid=1340886852&pictureid=11352610253

and posted the second fastest 104mile time at the dartmoor classic this weekend. 5hrs36m!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

It might just be the photo, but it’s not really TdF yellow either.

thegman67

Me too a LOOK Carbon

AndyP
    Free Member

rules schmules.

this guy breaks so many of them.

http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?advsearchid=1340886852&pictureid=11352610253

and posted the second fastest 104mile time at the dartmoor classic this weekend. 5hrs36m!!!

He should try racing then.

mdb
    Free Member

Riding my road bike more than my MTB so far this year. Partly due to the weather but mostly cos its really fast! Having learnt “the rules” the saddle bag has now been removed and stem dropped.

boxfish
    Free Member

Stuff the rules: they are made to be broken. I’ve had a Van Nicholas Yukon for 5 years. Triple chainset, occasional mudguards, occasional pannier rack. I even ride it wearing baggies, and I’ve got bad facial hair. So there.

I love the fact that in 5 years, aside from buying some new, flashier wheels, all I’ve replaced are the brake pads (3 times), the chain (once) and a few sets of tyres.

fandango
    Free Member

Yep, have a road bike here, too. Bianchi Via Nirone with Campag via C2W scheme. I hadn’t been on the road for over a decade prior to this, but now loving it… I even catch myself oggling some carbon road bling!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

I have a horrible feeling that I am a roadie, albeit a roadie with only one road bike and two mountain bikes…

its probably just because i am out on the road bike more at the moment, i’ve been building a BFe for the last few months which is almost done and I can sense a shift coming on towards knobbly tyres and mud… right after I have conqured a certain piece of 1.2km long segment of strava…

vooomvooom
    Free Member

I’ve got one too. Bought it about a month ago, my first road bike…love it!

carbon337
    Free Member

Nice Ares Stox.

I was very tempted to get one but in the end got this. A few errors in the pics with cranks not being in right position and the chain on the 39 ring. As pointed out earlier my Tomoato plant is on its last legs but my daughters little Bee windmill is doing grand.

IMG_3062 by H2O Foto, on Flickr

AndyP
    Free Member

that wall’s in a shocking state.

thehustler
    Free Member

To AndyP

2 innertubes, a topeak alien tool and a punture repair kit, yes i do need a smaller pack, but prefer the bits on the bike than on me

carbon337
    Free Member

i know i know its getting a lick of paint soon. The lose brick is handy for hiding my back door key when i head out on the bike 😉

BrickMan

unfortunately yes, I am/was a closet roadie.

But can’t stand crabone fibRe, because I am not 45, post mid life crisis and have two kids wanting to go to some pap uni course @ £9k a year, each.

Instead I went retro, and built this thing from scratch in 2010/11. Frame is from 1973 and exactly my size, couldn’t be more perfect if it was made for me (Its 54×54.5cm a non standard size lol) and all the parts bar the crank arms were ‘NOS’ found from many places, some dirt cheap, some free, but most at daft retro bike type prices.

That was when I 1st built it. Now it has a different saddle (brooks swift Ti), much more seatpost sticking out (legs stretched up nicely), and a great saddle to ‘bar drop (back has stretched out too) and a few other things.
    Eventually I will have a full generation 1 dura ace groupset (1973/4) which is what it was originally decked out with when new. It actually performs really well (bar the brakes), and 27″ tyres with 28/30c tyres roll a HELL of a lot better on rough Lakeland roads than any 700c 19/23/25/28c tyre does, by a LONG shot.
    Its not bad on weight either, about 10.3kg with pedals (DA track pedals) and those massive touring rims/40h wheels/massive anti puncture tyres/brooks. If I put sprints on it (have some campag record on GP4 knocking about) and some 700c x 19c tubs, weight is down to 9.0kg DEAD (with pedals). which I think is pretty competitive with modern alu framed bikes (although they would be a LOT stiffer for the ewight).

fathomer

One of each, tend to use the roadie in the week and the mtb at the weekend.

matt500
    Free Member

I inherited a Vitus Dural 979 too which is a bit big for me but a great bit of retro as a project one day.

So 2 road bikes and an MTB. Interms of which I use the most, the road bike coveres 70% more miles but the MTB is used for the same amount of time per week if that makes sense..

MrSmith
    Free Member

have a condor fixed and a pegoretti which i can’t see ever changing unless it’s for another one, ride is so much nicer than carbon yet it’s still quite stiff as it’s oversize. most people think it’s aluminum as the DT is fairly huge.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Somebody mentioned Vitus?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Whoops, double post. Pretty though, eh.

philconsequence
    Free Member

soooo tempted, especially by the decathlon 299squid one, but i know it wont just cost 299, i’ll hav to buy some weird shoes that *genuinely scared of the idea….* attach me to the bike 😯

plus i dont have the money and if i dont end up riding to work as intended it will be a waste 🙁

smogmonster

Another roadie mtber here…these days im more roadie than mtber if truth be told. I only started road biking in the winter as iwas sick to the back teeth of getting covered in crap and the constant mtb maintenance required. So i bought a Boardman Team Carbon..and i love it, head down, arse up, the road train, sportives, i wish id done it years ago. Im even fully Lycra’d up, which i was thoroughly guilty of sniggering at with great gusto whenever i saw any lycra clad roadies in the past. I even bought a peakless helmet. Ive got the full Team Sky thing going on now. Desperately sad but i dont care 😯

Still not got round to shaving the legs though, doubt i ever will.

Taff
    Free Member

Me, got a retro Giant for ‘training’ on

StefMcDef
    Free Member

40th birthday present to myself last year. Cotic Roadrat relegated to pannier-laden shopping trips.

Mostly used for short, sharp local loops with as many Strava segments as I can cram in. Have done one Sportive – would like to do more.

Has improved my all round cycling fitness and overall miles ridden by a huge amount.

Full susser and 29er hardtail both still seeing plenty of use.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I’m a mtber and also got a roadie Spesh Allez with Fulcrum racing 5 wheels and 105 groupset, now with a new Spesh Toupe Expert saddle as I got home from a 30 miler yesterday evening and my sit bones/backside were so painful I couldn’t get up once I sat down and had to crawl upstairs on my hands and knees, so I got my sit bones measured today and got a better fitting saddle. Do more on my road bike than mtb, although supposed to go out on mtb this evening but my arse can’t hack it 😥

instanthit
    Free Member

I have two road bikes and two mtbs (plus build in progress). Love riding all of them, sportives, TT, of road events, bivvy trips.
    Which ever bike i happen to be riding is the one i love the most.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ok….go on then,

donsimon
    Free Member

Ever considered getting a bike to go with the graphics? 8)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tis like a corporate killer whale innit 😯
    Luckily most people only see the rear view 😉

justatheory
    Free Member

I’ve got a Cannondale CAAD10 and a single speed basher for commuting.

andybloomer
    Free Member

Sold all mine to do this having got disillusioned with the Great British Motorist. When I started cycling in the mid 80s there was a quarter of the traffic there is today and no one had a mobile phone or satnav distracting them.

I gave up with trying to justify my existence and exercising my right to be there. I ride on the foot path now to get to the trails, stress free, should have done it decades ago. Threads about angry motorists are inconsequential to me these days, no longer have to put up with them.

Take care, it’s a jungle out there.

mogrim

I’ve got one of these, albeit with pedals fitted:

Some very nice bikes on this thread, pity I can’t afford any of them 🙁

hammerite
    Free Member

Apologies for quality and background (showing junk in the garage), these are the only photos I have with me at work…

Race bike when I first got it now ride with different wheels and it has Look Keo pedals, everything else is pretty much as standard

Winter bike: taken at the office with my phone. Biggest seat pack in the world so I can be self sufficient and carry work stuff on my back.

TT bike this was pre bike fitting so now the seat post is a little lower (needed to be hacksawed a tad). Excuse the positioning of my old clip on tri bars which I seem to have placed on the junk behind the bike and give the illusion that I’ve strapped them on to the seat post!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘MTB Roadies….’ is closed to new replies.