• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Shred.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • MTB helmet for Exposure light mount
  • Shred
    Free Member

I’ve been using an old helmet that fitted the exposure screw together helmet light mount for my joystick, but it is old, the padding is gone, and the colours are fading, leading me to decide on something new.

A lot of the newer helmets dont seem to have a central vent, so what is out there that works? I seem to get on with Bell helmets in terms of shape.

dti

It still works fine off centre by the way

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Trek have the Blendr mount system for lights and go pro.

core

+1

My Scott Mythic has a central vent but beam from my light (old Diablo) is still too low really. And it’s a bit too heavy to go on one side, needs to be central.

jam-bo

I’ve hacked my giro montaro GoPro Mount to work with the exposure mount.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I have a giro fixture, cheep and cheerful but does the job well and is comfortable. Contrary to dti above, I’ve used my Diablo off-centre on a 7idp helmet in the past and the weight off-centre irritated the hell out of me.

scotroutes

Kask Rex has a central vent, but also has a GoPro mount built in. Exposure do an adapter,

roverpig

Specialized Tactic works with my joystick mount (and more importantly, fits my head).

greenskin
    Free Member

I’m getting one for crimbo, found loads of aftermarket adaptors.

cb200
    Free Member

Poc Tectal works fine. Nice big central vent.

Feeling queasy at the off-centre suggestion above.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Sweet Protection Bushwacker II has central vent I use for exposure mount.

Shred
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I did look at the exposure gopro mount, but have seen reviews of them breaking.

I’ll head to the LBS this weekend for a look

ready

+1 for POC. Off centre would give me horrendous neckache!

andrewh
    Free Member

I have mine off-centre, it’s so light that neckache is not a problem. I could certainly feel it with my old Hope Vision 1, but the joystick and Sirius are fine

tenfoot

I use my joystick with a Giro Fixture also. Works well.

scotroutes

I don’t understand the problem about it being slightly off-centre. I use an Exposure Equinox and it’s been fine for some long trips (a 40 hour ride recently). I guess it depends on how wimpy your neck muscles are 😉

Pyro

Bluegrass Goldeneye came with a removable ‘plug’ for the central vent that you can stick a light or camera mount on to – I use that with the Exposure GoPro mount for an Equinox.

belugabob
    Free Member

Giro Feature has a central vent, that works with my Exposure joystick mount

BadlyWiredDog

Kask Rex has a central vent, but also has a GoPro mount built in. Exposure do an adapter,

+1 for this. If you can find a helmet that works for you and which incorporates a GoPro standard mount, there’s an Exposure adaptor that’ll let you stick a Joystick or similar on it. Mine hasn’t broken yet.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have them on 3 different helmets, none have a centre vent, makes no odds, not an issue.

Off centre would give me horrendous neckache!

Bizarre.

jam-bo

but have seen reviews of them breaking.

in a crash? they are supposed to?

Shred
    Free Member

For anyone interested, I got the Bell Sixer MIPS as it had the gopro mount. I was taking a look at the mount, and decided to try the normal screw through exposure mount in the mount hole. It fits perfectly, and does not interfere with the MIPS.
    I’m glad I forgot to order the exposure adapter.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘MTB helmet for Exposure light mount’ is closed to new replies.