Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • mtb grips issue
  • blablablacksheep
    Free Member

I’m having issues with finding a good MTB grip, I bought some Lizard Skins Peaty Lock-On Grips and they all well and good but my hands are too big for them (my hands aren’t even big!!)

I say this as my palms touch the lock on part which isn’t comfortable at all.

Any recommendations of better grips?

gazc
    Free Member

superstar make extra wide grips, but the rubber doesn’t last as long as ODI in my experience. maybe ODI make a wider one too?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m liking my chromag squarewaves. Not cheap though.

neninja
    Free Member

ESI grips for me every time. I have small hands but use the ESI Chunky grips and they are properly comfy. Also no lock rings so can place hands right to the ends.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, another vote for ESI.

Awesome grips IMHO.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Big handed big bloke here. I had exactly the same problem as you with lock-on collars. Glad it’s not just me.

I use Race Face good’n’evil. Lovely.

passtherizla
    Free Member

ESI are fairly wide feeling too.

mtbfix

I use Giant’s generic lock-on grip with a single collar on the inboard side of the grip. They work a treat albeit the rubber is soft and wears quickly. Sole-O I think they are called.

pitduck
    Free Member

Oury`s from on one,fat soft and cheep 🙂

philwarren11
    Free Member

Superstar excel fo my big hands. Nice and long and chunky, cheap to replace the cartridges as well.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

ODI make longer grips in the BMX version of the Ruffians. You need to trim the flange a bit to allow you to reach your shifters but they are a good bit longer on the grip section. I’ve got fairly large hands (XL glove size) and find them ideal. FWIW the ESI gave me sore hands but the Ruffians are great.

T1000
    Free Member

Am’e MT Zones are superb, hard to find in the UK ..

Also the Am’e ATV round grips are excellent for big hands

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘mtb grips issue’ is closed to new replies.