• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hels.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mountain Bike Race Numbers
  • iomnigel
    Free Member

I have been tasked with getting new Race Numbers for Mountain Bike XC racing for our club.

Need around 200, plus they will have to be wider than 140mm and taller than 70mm (due to having new ipico timing “tags” on them).

Anyone have any recommendations ? 😀

JoeG
    Free Member

+

8) 😆

robbo
    Free Member

First4numbers

bradley
    Free Member

iomnigel perhaps it’s not the cheapest but maybe contact your local printer and ask for a quote, then you can get exactly what you want printed/size wise and a really good job done instead of just a home bodge like above, lol.

Other than that perhaps try getting some extremely thick craft board (400 micron sorta stuff) and laminating it for longevity…

fasthaggis

If it’s going to be a regular thing or they will be re-used for other events,it will be worth investing in some proper sets. We used Impsport years ago and they have been good. Paper plates for a one of 😀

flimsy
    Free Member

Ran a couple of DH races with my club, got silly quotes from printers.

We done our design and created 1-200 individual files and had them printed as photos then laminated them. Worked very well, worked out very very cheap. Just time consuming but between three of us laminating, trimming and hole punching we had em done in a few hours.

njee20
    Free Member

I seem to remember the Gorrick and Thetford MTB ones were doing by a company in Chelmsford or something. Got dozens of them, forget who it is.

jonba
    Free Member

Plenty of the ones in my garage are just laminated card.

Harry_the_Spider

Bike or rider mounted?

Reusable or disposable?

zilog6128
    cookeaa

Laminated card works well enough for one day and you can forget about having to gather them back.

If you do want something re-usable (which means getting it back after) look for a local printer that can do thin plastic.

alternatively do them all by hand, 200 won’t take a couple of you with permanent markers or spray paint and number templates that long…

Oh and make sure whatever you do you run off some blank spares and have a marker ready for a bodged board, there’s always one…

As for having the timing tags I’d say mounting them down in the BB area rather than up at bar level backed onto a number board would be best (IPICO are the ones that use proximity to an antena mat right?) mounting them too high is a recipe for timing malfunctions IME….

chriswilk
    Free Member

CCA signs. Peebles based, run by the legend that is Crawford Carric-Anderson

steveh

Try qqd image lab, i bought some for our dh race last year and I think they were about £2 each.

thomthumb
    Free Member

local CX series uses material ones – feel like they are made or lorry curtain typre stuff. they have riveted holes for zip ties.

cookeaa

Gold Leaf on Silk?

passtherizla
    Free Member

you can get waterproof plastic paper that you can print on using a normal printer. Its stiff too, ink doesn’t run and they don’t rip either.

waterproof paper

Northwind

SDA ones are marked numbass but I can’t find anything googling, think it might be an internal thing.

hels
    Free Member

Another vote for CCA Signs. He does ours for Enduros etc, we use them again for kids races they seem to last a while. info@cca-signs.co.uk for a quote. Crawfy is very reliable !

Also, might be worth asking a BC Commissaire if you are insuring via BC, but I think there may be some rule about attaching things to number boards….

hels
    Free Member

P.S £2 each !!!! Major rip-off alert….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Bike Race Numbers’ is closed to new replies.