• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Dani was outshone by Stoner and now outshone by Marquez, on the same bikes. He has long been classified as one of the aliens, but reality is starting to show he is a rung down the ladder from the very best.

Class of one this year consisting of Marquez I say 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Well Jorge is hanging in there on inferior kit.

The grids have always been filled with Italians and Spaniards. There are 3 birts on the grid at the moment in the big class, 4 next year at least. How many Yanks? How many French?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Well Jorge is hanging in there on inferior kit.

Yeah right. If MM wasn’t there Lorezno and Danny would be within a few points of each other. There’s nothing wrong with his kit.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Didn’t Lorenzo say last weekend that he reckons he now has the faster bike?

Pigface
    Free Member

Since they brought in the new box the Yam is the match of the Honda but start of the season the Honda was way quicker 😀

Muke
    Free Member

Would be interesting to see a race with all the top riders on exactly the same machinery then we would see who the best rider was.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

LULZ, Marquez is a class above, Stoner speed with the ability to mix it up when he needs to instead instead of just crying about it.

They’re all petrified of him.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Would be interesting to see a race with all the top riders on exactly the same machinery then we would see who the best rider was.

You’d get a different result depending on the bike. Nobody realised only stoner could ride the ducati until he left, not even ducati, and certainly not Rossi and burgess.

MSP

Some riders style suits different machines better. It would be good to see an occasional same platform challenge, to see who could adapt best. But generally I think it’s better to see both man and machine battle it out

nedrapier

I got the impression that moto 3 (and moto2too?) were one-make series? Or do they just use the same engines?

Pigface
    Free Member

Controll engines I believe, lots of different chassis.

One make of engine in Moto2 at least two engines in Moto 3 could be wrong, if I am someone will put us right.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Moto 3 is the least restrictive in engine regs with any manufacturer being able to supply engines.

Doesn’t make any odds in moto2, even with the same engines unless you’re in one of the top teams you can’t compete.

rossi46
    Free Member

Making MM start from the back of the grid next race would be carnage entertaining. He’d still podium.

Remember Moto 2 last year (wasn’t it Catalunya?) when he was penalised for a dangerous manouvre in qualifying and sent to the back of the grid. He then came through the entire field to win the race.
    I can see a repeat of that in Sepang- and i cant wait to see it! It will be a spectacular show. Unless of course he dumps it in the gravel, but i can’t see him doing that all on his own 😉

Shame to see an end to Laguna Seca- Indianapolis should get the swipe instead. But then aren’t the laws in California something to do with it? I seem to remember no 2 stroke racing was allowed and the World Superbikes this past weekend had to be held over two days because of noise pollution laws (wasnt it?) ❓

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think Marquez finished 3rd in that moto2 one. The most incredible one was in 125 when the race got red flagged because of the rain. On the out lap for the restart he came off on a damp patch. He had to go back to the pits where the mechanics were ripping things off the bike to try and get him back out for the restart. He did the restart from the back of the grid and came through the shortened race to win. Bonkers stuff!

rossi46
    Free Member

He did the restart from the back of the grid and came through the shortened race to win.

Thats the one! I got the two confused 😕
    One things for sure, if he’s riding then it will be a great race- exactly what Moto GP needs right now 😀

MSP

One make of engine in Moto2

Are you sure about tha?, isn’t one of the problems for Redding that as the season and engine development has progressed he has found his bike underpowered compared to his main competitors.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes. Definitely not. He’s eaten too many pies. 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

Rider weight penalty is what we need …….just look at Redding compared to MM

5thElefant
    Free Member

They introduced one this year, which is why Redding is doing so much better. He’s still at a disadvantage though as he’s still beyond the minimum combined weight.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Rider weight penalty is what we need .

Also becoming more of an issue in F1 with the new engines next year. Taller, heavier drivers like Hulkenberg are disadvantaged to the point where they may end up without a drive.

Muke
    Free Member

😯 Action packed weekend @ the BSB.

James Ellison what a save and Shakey what a bloke, bring on Brands Hatch.

shifter
    Free Member

Ayup! Motogp spoilers only in here please, haven’t seen the BSB yet.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not followed the F1 rule change properly, but isn’t it usually the case that when the rule makers try and reduce capacity/power/speed then the manufacturers end up making horrible peaky engines that are hard to drive, and then the racing isn’t as good?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Action packed weekend @ the BSB

Aye, it was a beautiful day at Silverstone – I shall say no more than commenting on the weather, other than defo watch the highlights!!

Muke
    Free Member

Soz shifter 😳

6079smithw
    Free Member

Could do with a Superbikes thread, what with the WSBK looking the way it is as well.

Marques can only throw away the title now. Next year might be tougher though!

MSP

Marquez docked a point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/24471507

I still say that is harsh, Pedrosa as much at fault as Marquez.

Next year might be tougher though!

He will be stronger, the competition is going to have to get a lot stronger to challenge him next year, who in the pack can really step it up to that level? If yamaha can match honda on the bike front, then maybe Lorenso could challenge. But realistically I think he may well leave them all trailing.

alanf
    Free Member

I don’t understand how Pedrosa was at fault given Marquez hit him from behind.
    Marquez is aggressive which is why he’s leading the championship and is sticking it the established hierachy but he does get carried away a bit sometimes. This happened just a few corners after Pedrosa had passed him and for me he seemed to want to get straight back past and was bit overzealous, hence running in too hot and clipping Pedrosa.
    Well that’s my opinion YMMV.

MSP

I don’t understand how Pedrosa was at fault given Marquez hit him from behind.

Pedrosa slowed mid corner to baulk Marquez, kill the speed he carries through the corner knowing his weight gave him the advantage on a point and squirt into the next corner.

Pedrosa was playing a game, defending not just his line approaching corners, but the points where he was slow through the corner to slow the rider behind. When they are racing that close the rider in front also has a responsibility to not play mid corner silly buggers, knowing the rider behind has nowhere to go.

alanf
    Free Member

but surely that’s part of racing and anyway, I don’t think he slowed up too much mid corner and certainly didn’t seem to be losing too much time to Jorge through that corner. For me Marquez was in too hot and he wouldn’t have made the corner at the speed if Pedrosa was there or not.

I like Marquez, he’s an excellent rider and fast. Would have liked to have seen him up against Stoner, that really would have given him something to moan about. For the most part he’s been really measured but it seems he occasionally gets a bit carried away

mrblobby
    Free Member

Very harsh for a racing incident.

Edit: ah not docked a point but given a penalty point. Still harsh given the amount of contact and that Pedrosa was trying to push him wide (he may have been behind but he was also on the outside of the corner.)

Muke
    Free Member

8)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the problem started before the corner, not mid corner.

Marky had a bit of a run on Peddy down the straight, with his blood up, but then Peddy braked quite early and Marky got sucked in, and had to run wide. It wasn’t a brake test by Peddy IMO. Bit like Rossi did to Stoner at Laguna.

Pigface
    Free Member

Marquez v’s Stoner the moaner 😆 that would only end one way 😆

Yep harsh on Marquez but I think it is for quite a few incidents where his exuberance has got the better of him 😉

rossi46
    Free Member

Could do with a Superbikes thread

I did start a WSB one a while back, but it didn’t gain interest 🙁
    So i’ll have another go 😀

rossi46
    Free Member

Tis done!
    Come and join in!! 😀

Superbike TrackWorld

Pigface
    Free Member

Good grid for Malaysia, Cal May have his mojo back. Shame about Bradl.

How good is Espargaro and his CRT bike.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, it’s almost got to the point where doing something pretty amazing is the norm for Marquez. Ballsed up his first flying lap so didn’t even have one in the bank when he went for it on that last lap. Rather nice to see a happy Rossi on the first row too (really went off him during his toys out the pram last year at Yamaha, but warming to a slightly humbled Rossi now.) Espargaro way better than his CRT ride.

Muke
    Free Member

From Crash.net…

Stefan Bradl’s ankle injury at Sepang instantly prompted speculation that Casey Stoner could take over the LCR Honda ride for next weekend’s Phillip Island round.

Unfortunately Honda stated that it won’t happen, shame I would liked to of seen Marquez vs Stoner.

Time to remember Marco Simoncelli as well, 2 years on now 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes 2 years since we lost 58 😥 time flies doesn’t it.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.