Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Morvelo gilet
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Have they stopped making them? Can’t seem to find them anywhere, shame as they looked a lot better made and designed than the competition 🙁

downhilldave

Try: http://www.morvelo.com and look at their AW2013 collection. Some gilet’s in there.

BadlyWiredDog

They’re nice, but I thought they sized larger than they ought to. I have a brand new medium (more like a large imo) sat here ready to go back if you’re interested – black with neon green lettering.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Should have said I tried morvelo, always riding and wiggle but didn’t check AW13 on morvelo, ta! Sadly no yellow left 🙁

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Castelli Phawesome instead? Same price (if they’re still in stock at Wiggle) and a brilliant bit of kit but lacking the rear pockets.

mboy
    Free Member

They’re nice, but I thought they sized larger than they ought to. I have a brand new medium (more like a large imo) sat here ready to go back if you’re interested – black with neon green lettering.

That makes me feel VERY fat!

I’m normally a medium in most things, but have to wear large in Morvelo tops. I’ve got one of these Gilets too (in a large) and it’s a brilliant bit of kit. In fact I’ve yet to find anything Morvelo don’t do well!

The only time you could consider Morvelo loose fitting IMO is if you’re used to Italian sizing from the likes of Giordana and Castelli.

BadlyWiredDog

I find the sizing kind of variable. I have a two Morvelo jerseys, both nominally medium, and this year’s is significantly smaller – more of a race cut – than the one I bought last year. The gilet I have is nominally medium, but quite long in the body and not cut anything like as tight as the latest jersey. The length is an issue as it means the pockets sit too low to be useful to me.

I think the bottom line – and I’ve been told this by someone who ought to know – is that they have limited control over the sizing of some of their kit. The manufacture is obviously sub-contracted and while the quality’s decent, the sizing isn’t always consistent across their kit.

But anyway…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Morvelo gilet’ is closed to new replies.