Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • More music stuff for everyone to ignore in their ignorance (Screamdelica content
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

going to see the tour next year

the olympia show last week was apparently incredible

DezB
    Free Member

Please wait half an hour for my download to finish, ta 🙂

matthew_h
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers for that. Downloading it now

chutney13
    Free Member

there’s a “get the curse” podcast with andy weatherall and ivan smagghe that’s always on my ipod. top moustache too.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

god the brain cells i lost listening to that ‘back in the day’….

chakaping
    Free Member

there’s a “get the curse” podcast with andy weatherall and ivan smagghe

What a combination! I am going to check this out pronto.

And cheers for that DezB.

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks DezB!

sc-xc

Is it possible to save this to a file/burn to CD? I have bought a ticket for the March gig for my niece’s Xmas present, and thought it would be a good idea to give her this mix and a copy of screamadelica.

Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

nb: she would need a cd player that played mp3s, but she could copy the mp3 onto her computer and then onto her ipod

sc-xc

MP3 would be fine, but I can’t even save it to a file…I am on a Mac if that makes a difference. Even my most cleverest PC friend is struggling 😥

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ignorance – pah! 1989 – 1994 were happy days for me around Nottingham music wise 😀

CountZero

Sx-xc, there’s software for Mac that can record streaming audio. Wiretap is what I use and it’s very good indeed.

sc-xc

Cheers CountZero…I’ll get googling!

Ta

locomotive

Good post DezB…. I’ll be downloading a few of them

Ta

maccruiskeen

SX-CX

no need to download any software for a mac – when the track is playing click >Window>Activity in safari. That gives a list of the files on the page you are viewing. Hold down the ‘alt’ key and double click the file – it’ll save it for you

(works with Youtube, Vimeo and iPlayer too kids)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The original ‘slip inside this house’ by the great Roky Erickson and the 13th Floor Elevators. Primal Screams Screamadelica version is good. Thanks for the link DezB, missed it last week.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSA0Tckwbk[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

I try my best 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Great stuff.

While on the subject of Weatherall someone has started a group to get the BBC to give him John Peel’s slot on Radio 1.

That is an excellent idea…

duckman

THE album of my youth,in fact since the hols are close my fourth year class are about to get a PROPER education,enough of the League of Nations,cop a swatch of this!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

god the brain cells i lost listening to that ‘back in the day’….

🙂 me too!

I bought Screamadelica the day it came out and it was my favourite album for years, I saw Primal Scream live loads over that period… including one particularly memorable (?) appearance at the Faile festival in Ireland. They were truly awesome and that particular album will always be in my top ten….. saw them at the Hop Farm a couple of years back though, and they were really disappointing – seemed to have lost a lot of their spark and were very “dad rock”. It put me off them a bit, but the stuff I heard of the 6 music session seemed to indicate they were back on form.

Has anyone ever heard that original extended mix of I’m Losing More Than I’ll Ever Have which pre-dated Loaded?

DezB
    Free Member
    ocrider

Or this one?
    Listened to the Wetherall 6music show in the car today (had a long boring drive) great stuff.

brooess
    Free Member

Top find 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘More music stuff for everyone to ignore in their ignorance (Screamdelica content’ is closed to new replies.