• This topic has 39 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by paton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • More Danny MacAskill
  • redmex
    Free Member

So much talent

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s all about that table slide, you don’t need back flip bar spins when you’re as smooth as that over some garden furniture.

kayak23

Yeah that bench slide is just a thing of beauty. 😍

woody2000

Massive burp on the front wheel after the ramp back flip at the beginning!  Love the bench slide 🙂

FB-ATB

Tsk, didn’t shut the gate.

I’m mesmerised by the front wheel almost being stationary as he flips at the end

submarined
    Free Member

It is good, but, Vestavik’s is jaw dropping.
    Sandler’s one is just a barrel of fun too, such a stylish rider.

funkmasterp

Both he and Chris Akrigg just make me want to go out and ride. I can barely manual but watching them just makes me want to get out and pedal

granny_ring

Blinding.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Nice vibe to that. Top stuff.

fingerbang
    Free Member

It’s the Vestivik one that’s floored me

The 180 skinny fakie thing at the start was insane I don’t know if I’m overreacting but feels like a boss move that has shaken MTB to the core! Like Vink s step down flip in 2013.

I knew brage was a steezy rider but thought he was more of a freeracer in the mould of fairclough but that move would’ve got semunuk sweating. I can’t think of many riders who could’ve contemplated that let alone executed it, maybe akrigg

richmtb

The 180 skinny fakie thing at the start was insane I don’t know if I’m overreacting but feels like a boss move that has shaken MTB to the core! Like Vink s step down flip in 2013.

Yep that was absolutely nuts.

For all its technical brilliance i never actually find Semenuk’s videos that exciting, he’s too good and makes stuff look easy, you don’t get the sense of jeopardy from the stunts he’s pulling.

benp1

I actually replayed that table slide a couple of times because it was so good but over so quick

I like the bit when he jumped off the bike and over the branch to land back on it again. Wonder what the outtakes for that look like

TheBrick
    Free Member

fufanu was my favourite on this vid

Superficial
    Free Member

The 180 skinny fakie thing at the start was insane. I don’t know if I’m overreacting but feels like a boss move that has shaken MTB to the core!

Without stating the obvious, Brage’s a VERY good rider. There can’t be many (any?) other people who could pull that off. He can send as big as anyone but he’s also got the tech BMX-trialsy stuff nailed too. I can’t think of anyone else who has that range of skills. Maybe Fabio Wibmer, but he’s out of action at the moment anyway.

It’s a cool time in the world of MTB though – riders like him are getting a lot of exposure through Instagram / Youtube and can now make a living without ever entering any races or events.

I like the bit when he jumped off the bike and over the branch to land back on it again. Wonder what the outtakes for that look like

I think he does that live in some of the Drop-and-Roll tours so I doubt the outtakes are that exciting. There’s a RedBull video where he tries to do pretty much the same but slide along a table on his knees before landing back on the bike (which trundled along under the table) – he had loads of outtakes for that one. Worth checking out.

joepud
    Free Member

It’s the Vestivik one that’s floored me

Oh for sure! If Vestivik doesn’t win im calling it fixed.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Vestivik’s vid is the winner by far, some bonkers stuff in there.

Although after watch all 6 back to back the one thing that stands out (and it only got a few frames, no slomo etc.) was Sandlers slide into the berm on 0:28s. I do love a good slide though :p

andylc
    Free Member

Still Brandon Semenuk for me. Poetry in motion. Just to see him do something that looks really easy and then look at it again to realise how ridiculous it was.

Northwind

Just watched ’em again, I think what makes me smile the most is just Vestivik’s completely ridiculous idea of what makes an acceptable runout. “So it’s a wallride, right, into a big blind drop, and then I ride into a swamp”.

crazy-legs

Vestivik’s vid is the winner by far, some bonkers stuff in there.

Yeah but Veronique Sandler’s video has a cool trail dog in it! Therefore that’s the winner.

razorrazoo

Without stating the obvious, Brage’s a VERY good rider. There can’t be many (any?) other people who could pull that off. He can send as big as anyone but he’s also got the tech BMX-trialsy stuff nailed too. I can’t think of anyone else who has that range of skills. Maybe Fabio Wibmer, but he’s out of action at the moment anyway.

I think Kade’s heading in that direction too, fast, fearless and technically gifted.

mrhoppy

Brage’s video is cool but the boy could do with dialling in a bit more rebound damping. 😂

Tim
    Free Member

richmtb

For all its technical brilliance i never actually find Semenuk’s videos that exciting, he’s too good and makes stuff look easy, you don’t get the sense of jeopardy from the stunts he’s pulling.

I know what you mean. He’s an amazing rider but appears to be an emotionless robot who doesn’t have fun.

Might just be the way it’s filmed, but McCaskill and Akrigg in particular are so much more exciting

paton
    Free Member

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Still Brandon Semenuk for me. Poetry in motion. Just to see him do something that looks really easy and then look at it again to realise how ridiculous it was.

That.

If you swapped Semenuk & he did Vestavik’s run everyone would be asking ‘is that it?’. His problem is, he’s just too good. He makes it look to easy and everything is butter smooth.

Vestavik, whilst clearly an animal & great to watch, would have written himself off on Semenuk’s first flip stepdown. His edit was great though. I would have put him 2nd.

Clearly i’m not a rabid, frothing Pinkbiker 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Enjoyed the full length comp. Good stuff. (I thought Vestavik’s “making of” part was the best of those 🙂 )

paton
    Free Member

dyna-ti

For every Danny MacAskill you tube vid of him doing some great stunts, there are a hundred of someone face planting into the top of a wall.
    So many of the tricks he does you can just see where it could go amiss and what nasty thing might happen. He must be a master of falling off without harming himself.

richardkennerley

@dyna-ti here you go

dyna-ti

Cheers. They usually put the fails on at the end of his vids, probably to show it doesnt happen first time.
    Makes me cringe though. I fall off I inevitably land on my head, even from stationary 😆

DezB
    Free Member

The No Access chain – didn’t expect that 😆

DezB
    Free Member

They usually put the fails on at the end of his vids, probably to show it doesnt happen first time.

Didn’t his filmer chap say on ‘the making of’ the X Games vid that he tries things 100s of times and sometimes only makes them once??

paton
    Free Member

paton
    Free Member

On the subject of tries 100s of times

jmmtb

I think Danny Mack should get more credit for just how good he is at falling off and not getting seriously hurt. As I’m sure all of us MTBers know well, there is an art to falling off, knowing when a situation is not saveable and switching to ‘bail mode’ is a key skill and hard learnt. Danny Mack is the master of this, I watch his outtake videos and am staggered at how well he manages his ‘fails’.

paton
    Free Member

paton
    Free Member

Some crash landings are worse than others

DezB
    Free Member

Not seen any updates from Martyn Ashton for a while. 🙁

jmmtb

He’s on the Dirt Shed Show every Wednesday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘More Danny MacAskill’ is closed to new replies.