Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Moors One Hundred route, how weatherproof is it likely to be ?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thinking of a trip up north in October as I’m busy now and likely going to have to give up on bikes for the winter due to work commitments until mid January.

What’s the Moors One Hundred route likely to be like mid October? I lived up on the northern edge of the moors for a few years so know that some bits of the moors drain quickly and remain passable 365days a year, and others are only viable in July/August!

Worth risking it on a randomly selected weekend?

We’ll be sensible and have a backup plan for poor weather conditions, its just ground conditions I’m worried about!

ton

if it stays dry until then, well it should be ok.

any bad weather, the ride over simon howe will be wet and possibly muddy. the section over from lastingham can be bad in the wet also.

the woods down to riveluex can be like a swamp after rain also.

50/50 I reckon. some good wide hard tracks, some sloppy stuff after rain.

ace ride tho.

PolisherMan

I managed to miss the group start the other week, so going to give it a do at the end of the month. Just working out where to start, so as to get a few pints before a bivi.

Looks good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

start at the start in goathland, and have a few pints in hawnby, just off route.

PolisherMan

Could have been a good shout Ton, but apparently it’s closed down…

ton

carry on past the overnight location at high paradise, to Sutton bank carpark. there is a pub near there near hambleton.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ll have a look at the map and see if I can devise a way to divide it into a more all weather ‘gravel’ day 1, that way we can always bail out on day 2 and go ride the lakes or something.

rsvtoddy
    Free Member

Both the Inn at Hawnby and the Hambleton near the top of Sutton bank are shut!

gil_

Chop gate pub was nice, but a bit early in the route if you’re following it to the letter

ton

start at high paradise or sutton bank, and overnight at goathland, or just above it.

2 good pubs.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheers, we’ll be driving up the M1 so a Sutton Bank start would probably save an hours driving too and cuts out Simon Howe if that’s a potential muddy bit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Moors One Hundred route, how weatherproof is it likely to be ?’ is closed to new replies.