Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Montane 100 mile Keilder race are you going?
  • postierich
    Free Member

One Gear 🙄
    One Lap
    One Rider
    One Adventure!
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/07/montane-kielder-100-%E2%80%93-one-lap-one-rider-one-adventure-100-hundred-miles/
    http://www.sip-events.co.uk/kielder-home.html

Anyone else entering off here?
    Entered online but could not find the SS Cat

uplink
    Free Member

Nope – I’m not paying £50 for a bike race, there’s better value around

jonb
    Free Member

Maybe, never done any long rides like that so I’m going to wait to see how the Selkirk Merida goes before coughing up. Bit worried about having to do it on a “built for durability” 456.

sockpuppet

tempted…

Drac

Might pop over for beers and a chat with friends if I’m off.

£50 for a 100km race seems pretty good to me.

postierich
    Free Member

£51(but you get a tee shirt) to be precise but lots of trails that you would not probably be able to use,after riding my first Merida @ the weekend I,m bored of the multipule lap thing one big loop is the way forward/around.

Rich

postierich
    Free Member

Drac change the jonny foreigner kms to good old Brit miles!!!

uplink
    Free Member

I also probably couldn’t manage that distance this year – but I’m sticking with the commercial decision 😉

Drac

Ooops no idea why I said KM I never use them.

MrSparkle

I’m certainly interested. I’ll be Vet SS if I do.

igm

Like the idea (I could come last again) but I’m out of the country

brant
    Free Member

Me
    TimmyK
    Ed
    Benji
    Paul4Stones
    Miketually
    Evil Gordon
    Richpips (maybe)
    Oneblackdot
    Dave360 (I think)

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23k100

DaveGr
    Free Member

if the trails are dry and dusty I might give it a go….

mr_stru

I figured I’d give it a go.

How hilly is it round those parts?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Would have but doing a trans alp at the same time. I know which I would rather do.

miketually
    Free Member

As Brant says, I’m in. I didn’t see a singlespeed box on the online entry either, so I stuck it as a comment in the PayPal additional info box.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m thinking about it

nodrog2
    Free Member

mr_stru – it’s very hilly around those parts! Hope it’s a good event but i’m not paying the £50 to set off at 6am and ride what will probably be mostly fire road. Take away the man made trails at Kielder and there is not actually that much to ride except the odd BW and lots of fire road. Correct me if i’m wrong though.

miketually
    Free Member

Take away the man made trails at Kielder and there is not actually that much to ride except the odd BW and lots of fire road.

Not sure that I’d fancy riding 100 miles of technical singletrack though 🙂

nodrog2
    Free Member

Fair point Mike

trio25
    Free Member

I've entered.

I#m hoping to singlespeed it, from how I read it you let them know at registration, ie on the saturday when you sign up.

Yes it is a lot to enter, but you will be part of history 😉

xc-steve
    Free Member

I really want to enter but can't justify, spending £50 on entry and about the same on petrol and likewise driving for 5hours there and back etc.

Anyone coming up from the Southwest? Would enter it if can share driving and petrol?!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I REALLY want to do it, but i cant due to injury, this event needs people supporting it, £50 isn't a lot of money for what you are getting! if people support it, we may get more races like this, which is what we need in the UK, even though i cant race, i will be supporting it, by offering to marshal.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'm very very tempted.

xc-steve, I'm also down here in the southwesta nd would love a lift. Any kind westcountry STW'er going? Fancy having your petrol paid and all the cake based carbo loading you can handle?

Michael-B
    Free Member

I would so love to do this but I only get back from a 2 week holiday 4 days before 🙁

xc-steve
    Free Member

dead hero – if your definatly considering this I'd be game for split driving and petrol etc? Have a small polo which easily fits two bikes and poeple etc but would be nice to have a group in a van or simular. Give me an email Stephen(AT)hodgemail.co.uk if your keen?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Too far from a rail-head for me I suspect. 🙁

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Tempted but not sure I can do the distance! Done some 100km Meridas, but then kms aren't miles and they never seem to be 100km anyway…

Lowelfopinion
    Free Member

Me, looks good.

Jim

jonb
    Free Member

Following on from above: what bikes are you people using? I'm thinking mine is a bit heavy for this kind of thing (14kg) and was in the market for a new bike anyway so am looking for inspiration.

ANd the SSers. Are you doing it because you're "well ard", poor, or do think the bike will be better for this kind of race?

Cheers.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Me too – did a 60 km race there a couple of months ago which crossed the border to newcastleton (which i imagine this will too). Great riding. If anyone's looking for accomodation (other than camping) i'd suggest getting it booked ASAP as Kielder is very remote and there's bugger all there – the youth hostel is a pretty good option.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Light, short-travel full suss for me. If the weather's bad a SS might be a very good option if your knees will take it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If I ws fit and there weren't lots of steep long climbs I might SS it…just for the extra challenge (I'd have no chance of getting a result!)

colnagokid

LOL @ the fakers 'its too expensive', its 100 MILES !!!
    If you cant/wont do it its fine, dont blame the cost!

postierich
    Free Member

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I,m double booked and I would prefer my relationship to continue so my place is up for grabs how does £45 sound for a £51 entry?

Bank transfer only

Rich

postierich
    Free Member

Phew organisers have refuded me minus £1

martinh
    Free Member

I'm in and will be singlespeeding the Vets category.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im in, Im in the Southwest and could probably get a VW T5 van with 5 seats to get us there?
    Anyone want a possible lift? Otherwise I'll take the bluemotion!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

not in yet. but i'll be there.

not sure yet on bike, depends if i have a crash replaced frame.
    either way, a racey ht. yeti arc, or scott scale i think.

sharki
    Free Member

i'm up for it, will pacing oli who is pacing jo.
    Charlie, kin i sponge a lift?
    Adh, gwan ss it with me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Montane 100 mile Keilder race are you going?’ is closed to new replies.