Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – February 22nd – Cragg Quarry Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Rostron Arms, Edenfield.
    BL0 0JZ

8:15 blast off

Bring money for beer

dazh

If the weather’s clear (as if!), don’t bother with lights 🙂

http://www.moongiant.com/phase/2/22/2016

scaled
    Free Member

out on the moors with no light, i’m in!

chipps

Ooh, what an all-weather suggestion!

Harry_the_Spider

Ooh, what an all-weather suggestion!

Yep. Crazy idea huh?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yep crazy idea! Shoot whoever suggested that one!

stcolin
    Free Member

Provisionally in. Just getting over a serious dose of the flu.

binners

Harry_the_Spider

I like that. It would make a great t shirt.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I didn’t fare very well on the stupid no lights across the moors idea.

I’m in though.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

To be fair, you didn’t fare too well on the ride up the coal road either. If you remember though, the fayre in the Roston Arms wasnt too shabby and that was just the barmaid… 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m bloody working til midnight again next monday.

binners

Harry – I may have procured myself some silk screen printing equipment today. Fingers crossed. I’m thinking it’d make a nice print on a canvas or a t shirt. As would a few others. I’ve been wanting to do some silly screen printing for a while, but it’s normally prohibitively expensive. 🙂

mintimperial

Oooh. Cragg, you say? Up for a bit of that, lovely.

mikerigby

Good choice, I’m in.

dienamic

Never been to Cragg, I’m in!

dazh

Looking 50-50 for moonlit no lights possibilities. Fingers crossed.

Are we doing the same route as last time or are we going for a masochist ascent of the coal road?

Harry_the_Spider

My vote would be for the same as last time.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m in for anything, it absolutely cannot be worse than saturday nights attempt at a ride.

binners

Having not even been near my bike for weeks, I vote for anything except the coal road!

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m now out. Everyone in the house has some kind of lurgy except me, so I’m on nursing duties.

binners

Having not even looked at my bike since throwing it in the shed, coated in filth, after the Somme-like Tour de Reservoirs MNPR, I thought I best go and have a look at it.

Anyone with a shred of mechanical sensibility would weep at the sight of my drive chain. Not me though. I’ve freed up the chain with a lump hammer and covered in various oily substances. It’ll be reet! 😀

dazh

We did this months ration of mechanicals last week so despite your best attempts to curse us, I’m expecting an incident free ride.

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

MNPR Gents, I have done this route a couple of times with you, each time I suffered on the initial ascent. So if don’t you mind a very slow rear gunner this evening then I’m in?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m going to Karate.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Gav – you should know by now that we are group of highly trained athletes and your presence at the back is nothing but a hindrance to our long term Olympic / World Championship ambitions.

See you at 8.15 😀

And Daz, that was a somewhat silly thing to say…

dazh

Thick fog and stupidly bright lights doesn’t really work does it?

After the various dithering over next week’s location, what about The Whitehouse in Littlebrough? It was alright last time, much better beer than the Wine Press, there are 3 or 4 possible routes we could do from there depending on the conditions, and the weather is due to be dry and cold for the next week.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Hmmm tough going last night i thought! I had suggested that route on a firm belief that even in bad weather it would be largely unaffected with ground water. Possible mistake!

The forecast for the next few days / week isn’t bad at the moment so yes i would be happy with the White House.

duncancallum

I’m hoping to get out. I’ve seriously lost my mojo.

I’ve not been out for 2weeks…

grannyjone
    Free Member

I always thought the coal road was the easiest way to get up to Cragg from Edenfield. Not saying its easy, but easier than any of the alternatives.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – February 22nd – Cragg Quarry Edition’ is closed to new replies.