Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Monarch Plus, squeaky toy noise… Anyone fixed it?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Has anyone fixed the Monarch plus’s squeaky toy noise? From reading threads it looks like its very common, and a service doesn’t fix it for more than a ride.

Has anyone solved it? And I guess the other question is, do you actually hear it on the trail, or just in the car park?

Cheers

Ricks

rickon
    Free Member

All I can find out is that it’s gonna be a warranty job, due to the surface on the piston being incorrect.

Sounds like this…

[video]https://youtu.be/sv2lOJcgSCQ[/video]

arogers
    Free Member

I just replied on the other thread.. I didn’t bother trying to fix it as I wanted to upgrade anyway and SRAM were keen to give me a new shock. To be honest, the noise didn’t seem to affect performance at all and I didn’t notice it while riding.

I might have stuck with it but my shock also had an annoying habit of switching itself to climb mode during rougher descents!

bigjim

Before sending it off for warranty I’d get Fishers to tell you if they will be able to get a replacement to you in an acceptable timescale, the experience of myself and some others on here is of timescales possibly into months for a replacement, and they might not send you one to tide you over in the meantime.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Monarch Plus, squeaky toy noise… Anyone fixed it?’ is closed to new replies.