Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mobile Phones
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi I am tasked will changing company phones one of my directors has over 400 phone numbers on his blackberry which is stored on his computer, if he switches to an Iphone how easy is it to move numbers across. Just as if you have to implement them in one by one he probably would stay on a blackberry device!!

He has them saved under the blackberry software.

clubber
    Free Member

I’d imagine that you can sync to outlook and do the same to get the numbers from outlook to the iPhone.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Wrong thread, but 2 options:
    1) most operators have some kind of poorly advertised back up solution you can use OTA. e.g. O2 Bluebook, Vodafone Zyb
    2) all his contact should be in his Outlook contacts list which will be synced with the Blackberry server. Use activesync to sideload onto new device

[edit] if he is going to use some kind of Exchange server service on the new phone, do nothing. All PIM info will be synced to the new device first time he uses the Exchange service

RegP
    Free Member

AAAHHH help I did not understand last post. Very limited computer knowledge.

Blackberry software, backs up all the info in the phone that has been built up, and then stores it on the computer. You cannot see what it is but when you plug phone in it restores it. So he has a blackberry program on pc and when he had replacement phone that as clean, just pluged it in and it up loaded all of the information, that he had previously.

How will it work with an iphone as it is not same software as blackberry.

chomp
    Free Member

if he’s a director of a company he will have a secretary

export numbers to csv, get doris to input them manually

job done

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

He’s a company director and he doesn’t run Outlook? Are you sure? Is this “Blackberry program” not Outlook? If so, combine with clubber’s link above, but he will still need to use some kind of Exchange server

mrmo
    Free Member

just to throw a spanner in the works, our company uses lotus notes and not outlook. It tends to do everything differently so i see no reason why changing phones won’t also be a PITA. be sure as to the email/server environment first.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Phones’ is closed to new replies.