• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by kirkg.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mini pumps for hip packs
  • merk
    Free Member

After a disastrous experience with those fangled CO2 canisters at the weekend, I’ve decided to go back to the good old fashioned pump and spare tube combo to fix trail side punctures.

The only issue is, last time I took a pump, I carried a ruck sack with me that easily accommodated a pump and tube. I now ride with a Camelbac Repack and I’m not sure if there are any decent mini pumps that will fit in it along with 1.5L of water.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers

AD

How about one of these? https://www.merlincycles.com/lezyne-sport-drive-hv-pump-74880.html
    I use the road drive version (which is a high pressure rather than high volume pump). The flex hose is great too.
    The ‘sport’ ones are cheap too!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My airflo mini track pump fits in my evoc hip pack, doesn’t need to be a pump the size of an embassy no.10

tuboflard

I’ve got a Topeak Micro Rocket AL which is perfect to go in a hip pack. Happy to trade the low volume for pack size on the odd occasion that I’ve needed it, it can still inflate a decent size 29er tyre to an acceptable pressure to get you home.

simono5

I bought a LEZYNE POCKET DRIVE PUMP and it’s brilliant. Its so small, well built and never let me down. Its so small I forget its in my tool roll and sometimes pack an additional larger pump.

As mentioned, the HV version would be real worth checking out.

rockhopper70

I have the same pack and use a topeak race rocket mtb. Its a really good pump, and quite dinky too.

scotroutes

Lots of pumps come with a frame mount

martinhutch

Lezyne pressure drive is the biggest decent pump I can fit in a repack comfortably.

But I usually stick it on a frame mount underneath the bottle cage.

rockandrollmark

I’ve got a Specialized air tool MTB mini v2, and for such a diminutive little thing it shifts a good amount of air. I can’t be doing with CO2 canisters. I’m not racing, therefore I really can’t justify creating waste just to save a bit of time and effort pumping up a tyre.

merk
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the Lezyne Pocket Drive.

Less keen on attaching a pump to my frame for some reason.

Aidy
    Free Member

I can just about squeeze a Topeak Mini Morph into a Repack. It’s a really tight fit, though.

slowoldman

Lezyne Pocket Drive HV here.

el_boufador

These are tiny, work well and are cheap enough to have one on every bike

phil5556

Less keen on attaching a pump to my frame for some reason.

I was too for ages but ended up strapping various things to it instead so I’ve just gone all out and gone for the extravagant EDC One Up pump with tool in the handle (Birthday present 🙂).
    On its second ride out last week it had already saved me and just as easy as using gas. I’ve bought a couple of extra mounts and just move it between bikes.

If you’re already happy with whatever tool you’re carrying then just get a pump next to your water bottle, I don’t notice it’s there now.

kirkg
    Free Member

I use the One Up 100cc pump with the multi tool in the handle too and really like it.

Had to use it a few times and it seems to be able to get the tyre to pressure pretty well for its size.

https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/products/edc-pump

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mini pumps for hip packs’ is closed to new replies.