Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Mid life crisis or just having fun?
  • donks
    Free Member

Another 40+ BMXer here. Was crap when i was young enough to ride it legitimately but not actually too bad now. Dont bother with track though its far too much like hard work…no im strictly skatepark me…hanging with the young guns, high fiving when I pull off something rad, my eldest lad cringes and admits he’s ashamed of me. I reckon i’ll give it another year or so then it should be out of my system…..unless they build a nice big skatepark round my way.

sharkbait
    Free Member

OP, feel free to get a board but in a couple of years time (or sooner) your son will not want you anywhere near him (‘Dad you’re so embarassing!’ 🙁 )

brassneck

If it weren’t for my kids I wouldn’t have found out I can still kickflip on banks, and landed an impossible (in my groin). Skateboards rock, though wifey has banned me from the village mini ramp in case anyone sees 🙂

recently bought a Krooked deck and Krux trucks were on offer.. seemed rude not too..

brassneck

OP, feel free to get a board but in a couple of years time (or sooner) your son will not want you anywhere near him (‘Dad you’re so embarassing!’ )

But when they are under 10, you’re their total hero. As this change will happen anyway, may as well have some fun on the journey 😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I did a couple of sportives

sharkbait
    Free Member

But when they are under 10, you’re their total hero. As this change will happen anyway, may as well have some fun on the journey

Absolutely – what I meant was that you should make the most of it because once the ‘hero’ bit has gone, it’s gone for a long time 🙁

*father of three girls – 14,12 & 12*
    **cries**

aracer
    Free Member

Which is why you need a unicycle – the teenage lads at the skatepark appear to think a middle aged bloke doing some pretty tame stuff on one of those is cool.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Mid life crisis or just having fun?’ is closed to new replies.