• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mice in cavity walls
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

Our rather old house has stone walls, part is lined with some panelling. When we moved in, we could hear mice in the cavity and they sometimes got into the house, but after trapping a few and filling in some holes in the panelling I haven’t seen any evidence for a couple of months.

But we can still hear them in the cavity!

Should we (a) open up a hole again through the panelling and use bait and trap in the house to try to control them (b) ignore them (c) do something else entirely? Even when they were regularly coming into the house they never did any damage, just ran around a bit and ducked back into the walls. I’m not keen on putting poison into the walls, that seems to invite a heap of rotten mouse carcases that can’t be cleaned out.

crankboy
    Free Member

Having had a dead mouse or other rodent under our bedroom floorboards i strongly reccomend trapping not poison and would suggest humane traps purely to ensure you avoid a mortally wounded escapee limping off somewhere inaccessible.

br
    Free Member

Wait for Spring, let them leave and then do a proper inspection to find out how they are getting in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mice in cavity walls’ is closed to new replies.