Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Meta 5.5 Cable Routing
  • Crag
    Free Member

Just come to fit the front mech on my new Meta 5 frame and I’m having difficulty getting a decent cable route round the bottom bracket.

The guide I have is the standard Shimano one (SM-SP17-M) Problem is, that because the cable comes in from drive side of the headtube, it hits the guide at the wrong angle and creates an S shape in as it leave the guide.

All the guides I can find look like they are designed around the cable coming down from the non-drive side.

Does anyone know if you can get the guides which are angled the opposite way round, and if so, where can I get one.

I’m not sure I want to accept poor shifting even before the bike is put together.

nxb1
    Free Member

crag

I had the same problem on my Meta4 when I fitted some new X0 shifters. Took me ages to figure out how to connect it all up. Wish I took a photo of the old routing beforehand. If you can wait on until tomorrow, I’ll send a photo of my cable routing.

nigel

druidh
    Free Member

I have a Meta 5 (old type swing arm). If a photo or two would help, let me know.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Both gear cables cross over each other on my 08 Meta 5. So as you look down on the bike from a riding position, the front mech cable uses the left hand stopper and crosses over to the right as it approaches the BB.

Crag
    Free Member

I’ve had the 08 frame and yes, the stops are either side of the head tube so you can pick and choose your cable routing.

With the 09 frames, both stops are at the same side so I can’t see how you can improve the routing.

nxb1 – doing nothing with the bike tonight so the pictures could be very useful.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

😉

I had this problem (2007 meta 5.2) and got fed up with stiff cables due to water running into the bottom of the bend.

The pictured device stopped this and improves shifting,XO Shifters make a big difference as well,Its designed for cantilever brakes but is equally suited to this mod as its a much shallower bend and avoids the water ingress problem.I think its made by AXO,You have to drill the bottom of the swingarm out to give the male end a base to sit in.

Cost £4.00

thomthumb
    Free Member

cabling is pants on meta’s!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Meta 5.5 Cable Routing’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM