Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 265 total)
  • Megavalanche cheat
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

the Focus Jam 29er

They bunnyhop really, really well [/quote]

They don’t turn left too good but turn right amazingly

sadexpunk

[grammar pedant]

They can probably speak and write better English better than me i can.

[/grammar pedant]

ive no idea if theres any validity to that or not but it sounds right and made me chuckle 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

xc-steve – Member
    the Focus Jam 29er
    They bunnyhop really, really well

They don’t turn left too good but turn right amazingly

Focus Zoolander?

nairnster
    Free Member

Well that’s a Focus/Joe Connell/Zoolander meme just waiting for some clever person to make.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Like this?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, like that, except maybe actually funny?.

Onzadog
    Free Member

This is STW, how come Hitler hasn’t had a rant about this?

MrAgreeable

I thought his name rang a bell from somewhere:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt_APMO0uSk[/video]

I hope someone from Focus has told him that his sponsorship is only continuing on condition that he grows up, stops riding like a dick, thinks of an original video concept, and points his Go-Pro up a bit.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He’s 21, not a 50 something IT nerd, I’m sure he’ll grow up just fine.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’m surprised noones posted the pic from his FB feed -posing naked with his red Focus. I’d do it but don’t know how

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

legend
    Free Member

That Focus is white, fake news covfefe

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

…snip… people will still be joking about “taking the Joe Cocker line”.

I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Member
    [grammar pedant]
    They can probably speak and write better English better than me i can.

[/grammar pedant]
    ive no idea if theres any validity to that or not but it sounds right and made me chuckle

Physician, heal thyself.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Quick everyone, into the megahole!!!

eddie11
    Free Member

That mega hole looks great fun. Where is it?

stevied
    Free Member

Tatooine?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

eddie11 – Member

Burnley?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Do you pop out the other side?

nairnster
    Free Member

Obvious “Your mum” joke, is obvious

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

nairnster – Member
    Obvious “Your mum” joke, is obvious

Obvs not yer ma, that would just look familiar, its not fun the 5000th time.

nairnster
    Free Member

Well done foe trying to use someone’s joke back on them. That’s some clever stuff.

legend
    Free Member

I would like to make a sincere apology to everyone at the Megavalache who I passed whilst cutting the course, and I'd…

Posted by Joe Connell on Friday, July 14, 2017

Onzadog
    Free Member

In the madness and confusion of the mass start.

You hoped over the tape. Then claimed you were bumped off when first challenged.

Still reads like he’s trying to shrug off some of the responsibility for his actions.

poah
    Free Member

legend – Member

https://www.facebook.com/Joe.Connell.194/posts/1706983642662881

between his pathetic excuse for an apology and the fanboy replies its hard not to vomit.

skolt
    Free Member

[legend – Member
    https://www.facebook.com/Joe.Connell.194/posts/1706983642662881
    between his pathetic excuse for an apology and the fanboy replies its hard not to vomit.]

To be fair he’s probably deleted any unfavourable comments.

taxi25
    Free Member

between his pathetic excuse for an apology and the fanboy replies its hard not to vomit.

A guy cuts the course in a race and gets disqualified, and you care so much about it !!!!!!!!!! Why ?

slowster
    Free Member

Given that this has up till now been referred to as a ‘French Line’, should it not henceforth be called a ‘Scottish Line’?

(I would have suggested calling it a ‘British Line’, but I know how some Scots get annoyed about their sportsmen and women being described as British rather than Scottish.)

andyg1966

Hes only sorry he got caught.

scotroutes

ChunkyMTB – Member

eddie11 – Member

Burnley? Blackburn Lancashire.[/quote] They all merged into one

deadkenny
    Free Member

About the size of the Albert Hall

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A guy cuts the course in a race and gets disqualified, and you care so much about it !!!!!!!!!! Why

It’s the offended generation, innit?.

russyh
    Free Member

It took long enough to come out and admit his mistakes but at least he has. So fair play to him. Everyone makes stupid decisions at some point of their life. It’s how they handle it that makes them a good or bad person. I believe he is sincere, if maybe that sincerity has been prevoked by outrage. But I don’t believe he needs his career or sponsorship ending for a stupid move in 1 race….

imnotverygood

But I don’t believe he needs his career or sponsorship ending for a stupid move in 1 race….

Clearly that is up to the sponsors & whether or not they consider that they are suffering from reputational damage by associating themselves with a cheat.
    However, I think it is odd that some on here seem to think that the whole thing should be totally ignored or that he is being persecuted simply by being identified. It is a high profile race in mtb terms & he is a sponsored rider. This isn’t some bloke getting a KOM on strava while using an e-bike.

mikey3
    Free Member

I don’t see how calling a bloke out for thinking he could do what he wanted and blatantly cheating as being part of an offended generation,personally I couldn’t give a crap as i wasn’t there and it doesn’t affect me what so ever,but the people who do care cant really let this guy take them for a fool can they,to much of that nowadays,right back to my daily mail:)

wrecker
    Free Member

Lots of people took Lance Armstrong’s cheating quite badly too. He also went went through a stage of denial. Maradona, Ben Johnson and Rosie Ruiz. The spanish paralympic basketball team had its detractors too.

simondbarnes

It is a high profile race in mtb terms

Is there much prize money on offer?

legend
    Free Member

Probably more than at UCI DH races

russyh
    Free Member

Clearly that is up to the sponsors & whether or not they consider that they are suffering from reputational damage by associating themselves with a cheat.

Obviously really, I was merely stating my thoughts. I personally wouldn’t want him to lose his backing now he has made an apology.

Completely with you around some saying it doesn’t matter and should be ignored. I find that a little narrow minded. Cheating, is cheating and is the scourge of all sports.

Do I think this chap would of admitted to his mistake if there was no GoPro footage…no, so I take the sincerity of his post with a swig of ‘wish I hadn’t been caught’. But he has apologised, it’s been taken seriously as he has been DSQ.

I think it’s time to move on, the long term ramifications for this chap will live longer than this thread I suspect

Superficial
    Free Member

It’s not exactly a sincere apology though, is it? “I didn’t realise what bit of the course I was on.”

It’s just an embarrassment for him from start to finish. Man up.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 265 total)

The topic ‘Megavalanche cheat’ is closed to new replies.