Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Megasack Giveaway Day 3: Aeroe Spider Rear Rack & Dry Bags
  • Ben_Haworth

This little lot from Aeroe is worth nearly £300! Spider rear rack and cradle £119.99, Spider rear cradle £64.99, 2 x 8L drybags £49.99 each.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Megasack Giveaway Day 3: Aeroe Spider Rear Rack & Dry Bags

reeksy

Can’t get a decent batard round these ways anyway 🙄

oldnpastit

Malt loaf FTW!

monkeyboyjc

The standard version won’t fit a fat bike 😉, but they do have a fat bike (wider) version.

chaos

I’d be a bit nervous about putting those on a carbon hardtail with skinny seat-stays.

Is that really going to be ok? I’d have thought the weight/flex pattern is not what the stays are designed for.

reeksy

That’s why you only fill it with airy ciabatta!

weeksy

No use to me this one, so i’ll leave you lot to it.

stwhannah

@weeksy you should enter anyway, because it might mean you miss out on the megasack if you don’t!

ceemorr
    Free Member

Very good, still giggling over here! Thanks guys.

weeksy

Nah, i don’t think it’s right going for something i don’t want… i’ll take my chances with lower number of entries for mega-sack, just seems more fair that way to me.

cheekysprocket

The video appears to be broken. Just a big blue square with the little buffering wheel going round. On both my phone and iPad ☹️

tomparkin

No video showing here, but in case anyone else has the same issue, I managed to find it on that there Youtube with the cunning search term “single track world megasack day 3 2023”.

Mark

Should be fixed now.

woodster

@weeksy

You could always enter tomorrow when the draw has already happened for the prize, but still have a chance at the MEGASACK

trailrippers

I can see myself riding into the village the scenic route to get a few bits of shopping. Or send the kids with proper sandwiches when they go for an all day ride.

fossy

Ooh, just need to do another ‘posh’ bike packing trip with the lads (posh as staying in pubs).

oldfart

I’ve just done my entry for Day 3 and the message says thank you for entering day 2 ?

spyke85
    Free Member

Surely a Blackpool Milk Roll would be perfect given the shape?

matt_outandabout

Does anyone else think that “megasack” (always said in the asthmatic god-voice from space way) would be a funny pet name?

aide

Aeroe must be really trying to push these – hence their 2 adverts in the current mag. They do look good for the job mind

doomanic

As a kid I had a male hamster that name would have suited well.

cocoshreddie

Good choice on the loaf 😉

tintim

Surely a keg is more appropriate?

Gunz
    Free Member

The reflective bit on the bottom doesn’t seem very useful with the way they’re mounted.

Mark

The cradle can be rotated so you can choose to expose the reflective panels if you want/need to.

montgomery
    Free Member

How well do they match up with mudguards like mudhuggers? Difficult to tell; would the arch fit under the tail of such seatstay mounted guards?

DickBarton

I’m really liking the look of this kit…can’t justify the cost myself as I’ve got bits and pieces that would allow me to get away for an overnighter and I haven’t done it yet…but this seems to be ticking boxes for me. That would be an ideal addition as I think those 2 bags, my handlebar roll bag and a backpack and I’d be sorted comfortably.

scotroutes

How well do they match up with mudguards like mudhuggers? Difficult to tell; would the arch fit under the tail of such seatstay mounted guards?

Works fine on my fatbike. I guess you might have to play around with position. The closer to the seattube, the higher the rack will be. However you’ve then got to watch you don’t hit the bags with your heels. Positioning the bags at an angle would like resolve this.

I see Aeroe now do a more standard “rack” fitting too, so you can mount traditional panniers (though the heel strike thing might come into play).

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.