Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Med. cage XT shadow mech & XT triple chainset….compatible?
  • nickegg
    Free Member

Just wondered if a medium cage XT shadow mech will work with a normal triple chainset?

I'm sure i read on here a while back that it may do? Could do with using it now until i can sort switching my chainset.

yes will do as i have done very same on zesty (from long to medium)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yes fine, just avoid running big ring to big sprocket but you shouldn't be doing that anyway.

nuke

Yep…works fine on mine and has done for couple of years

nickegg
    Free Member

Great….thats what i thought.

Does anyone know which SRAM shifters work with Shimano. All i have to go on is that i currently have SRAM X9 shifters which have 'Impluse technology' written on them??????The front one is shifting an XT mech already but i'm guessing front mechs are all the same?

I know nothing about SRAM as you can tell!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

You can run the front mech as you rightly stated with a SRAM shifter, but not the shimano rear mech with SRAM shifter unfortunately.

nickegg
    Free Member

Bugger….new XT shifters it is then 😀

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Sounds like a good excuse for new bits! 😀 And we all love new bits!! 😆 if you're anything like me and you have a partner, you'll keep this as evidence to them when the package arrives!

nickegg
    Free Member

My wife is as equally bike obsessed as me so very little justification required! I'm very lucky…….

Can't say i was annoyed when the crappy SRAM mech ended up in my rear wheel on sunday night…as you said, any excuse!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Med. cage XT shadow mech & XT triple chainset….compatible?’ is closed to new replies.