Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • dx light charging???
  • gazman
    Free Member

hi all, does anyone know how to tell when ur dx light battery is charged i only got mine last week but there were no instructions with it, i`ve plugged it in green light is on so what happens when its charged? thanks, gaz

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Probably means it's already charged.

fastindian
    Free Member

I've got the torches and the charger for it goes green when fully charged

Hip
    Free Member

red light = charging
    green light = charged

Both of my DX batteries came fully charged

gazman
    Free Member

sorry i forgot to add that it has gone flat and i`ve plugged it in to charge it but light is green, gaz

daveh
    Free Member

Bad connection or duff charger. Have a look on the DX webpage for the light (or possibly the one with the US style plug). Lots of problems/info.

Hip
    Free Member

Has it accepted any charge since you have had it?

has your battery been wet?

If the answers are no it sounds like you could have a dodgy charger.

Get in touch with DX, from what I've read on here they will send you out a replacement as you send the dodgy one back.

Luminous
    Free Member

Someone I know had this. Turned out to be the charger, as mentioned above.

I'd return it, or, possibly ask Smudge if he can do anything.

L.

fozzyuk

Waiting on a return at the minute.

From what they have told me they don't send till it gets back to them.

They pay your postage though.

gazman
    Free Member

thanks for the replies guys

hip: yes batteries did poss get wet on sunday and i`ve only tried to charge it the once, my mate actually ordered 3 together and his charges ok

luminous: do you have smudges details please

thanks again everyone

Hip
    Free Member

you might want to try charging your batteries on your mates charger…

There are some electronics inside the battery pack that dont like getting wet so if they wont charge on your mates adaptor then they may need to be dried out and waterproofed.

I wrapped some electrical tape around mine…

gazman
    Free Member

thanks matey, i just spoke to him we are going to try that, how would you dry it out anyway?

Hip
    Free Member

gazman – Member

thanks matey, i just spoke to him we are going to try that, how would you dry it out anyway?

If that is the problem you'll probably need to remove the wrapping from the pack to expose the batteries/electronics to let them dry… It goes without saying this will probably void your warranty…

I'm betting it's the charger tho

Dancake
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem after it got wet

I peeled the plasic off and found moisture on the circuit board on the battery pack. (its the balance/ protection circuit I think ) I hair-dryered and retaped up and all was fine. Will probably kill your warranty though

smudge
    Free Member

I really cant believe how bad these are when they get even the slightest bit wet.
    I would suggest anyone just bought one to pop it into a plastic bag before using it on their first ride.

Also its not the norm to ship Li-ion fully charged, only at 30-50% max.

As for the green light showing straight away, twist the connectors round whilst connected to see if the led changes to red. the connectors may not be 100% round.

I have ready made 4.4Ah and 5.2Ah batteries and chargers if anyone has grief from DX or wants to upgrade

Hip/Gizman. if you want to send me the problem battery and charger I can check it over for you and resleeve the battery if its repairable.

gazman
    Free Member

thanks everyone for the answers,

smudge how much do you knock out the 5.2s with charger for mate just in case? my email is in profile,

i`ll try it with my mates charger to see what happens then report back thanks again guys,

gazman

prceless
    Free Member

hi there i have raced rc cars in past and know a thing or too about charging different cell types.

if there nicd dont leave them fully charged or they will ventsame with nimh's and teh nickel metal's are best left at 0.9 volts per cell or no more than one 3rd charged for longevity. always charge them and discharge them once a month at least.

if there newer technology like lipo or lifepo 4 you should not let them run to flat but hopefully they will elecetronics board built into them known as a battery management to ensure they stay balanced.
    there are A123 cells about now also and they are the way to go if anyone's hunting for the best, just be warned with A123's as not too leave them switched on as once they go flat they will never come back .
    A123 have massive ampage for there size so are suitable for night offroad riding as there is nothing more important that yourself so keep safe n stay bright!!

ive used a lipo pack which i used extra heat shrinking to water proof put on both ways and velcro attached to my bike then i have got suitable sized thick clear heat shrink tubing that fitted over my forks so i could permanently have a led strip lightling up where i need to go with my leading wheel , cree leds are out now, there pretty good too !
    please dont ask to see it as i sold the bike this summer just gone but if there is enough interst i may make another .

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘dx light charging???’ is closed to new replies.