• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mechanics help needed – Mavic Crossmax freehub content
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Basically is my axle body knackered? Last ride out noticed some cassette engaging when freewheeling, so removed the freehub to find this-(clicky for bigger pics)

[/url]IMG_1027[1] by paul_payne, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMG_1023[1] by paul_payne, on Flickr[/img]

One of the pawls had popped up and lost a tooth, and seemingly rotated round the axle body scouring the surface and slightly damaging its mount. Thing is, they were only replaced by LBS less than 500miles ago. Wheels are in vgc despite there age (2007). I’ve also noticed there’s 2 types of pawls, 1 with a red plastic insert that suggests for use in Crossmax and another like the one I removed (solid metal pawl) but on Acycles website it suggestd for use in Krysium wheels? So wondering if it wasn’t compatible in the first place? Not sure if it’s a universal thing, but I don’t want to waste £30 in pawls/oil if it’s a right off. What do the STW grease monkeys think? Cheers!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Buy the correct pawls for the wheel, clean everything up and oil it then put it back together and ride it. It’s the only way you’ll know for sure if it’s serviceable really. I’ve seen worse that are still working.

jimw
    Free Member

The red capped ones are the correct items, and I would agree with what toppers said.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mechanics help needed – Mavic Crossmax freehub content’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM