Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Me and Apple Computers…
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

as you may know I had my MacBookPro fail after 22 or so months, I took it into the Bath store where they advised me that it was going to cost a small fortune to repair or they could offer me a paltry discount off a new machine. I declined spending any more on Apple products as this was my second Apple laptop to die an untimely death.

Don't get me wrong it was great whilst it worked but the over all experience of paying in excess of £2k for something that lasted such a short period has put me off ever investing in their hardware again.

But something strange just happened, I just received a phone call from Apple in which they said that they understand that I've since replaced it with a non apple brand but they would like to see if there was anything they could do to, perhaps get it working again, would I then like to continue using my MBP, I'm to expect a phone call by the weekend with potentially a resolution.

Now I'm not getting my hopes up but if Apple can sort this mess out and get me back on side I'd be much happier!

I'll keep you posted, I wonder how they knew about the replacement machines? hmmmm

allthegear
    Free Member

err – if it was only 22months old, was it "wear and tear" that caused the failure or a manufacturing fault? If the latter, EU law would see you right, anyway (although, only for a repair after 12 months, rather than a replacement…)

Rachel

leftyboy
    Free Member

My MacBook Pro died after about 30 months out of warranty repair was £900. As I've just become self employed I needed a replacement which I bought (I can claim it back against tax etc.) but having less need for a laptop i bought a MacPro. A week later Apple called me to say they had my motherboard in – after explaining I'd declined the out of warranty repair they told me that they'd decided to cover it as a warranty repair.

2 weeks and 3 new motherboards later and my MacBook Pro was not fixable so they gave me a brand new one!

letmetalktomark

Agree with Rachel^^

I have found Apple to be extremely good with after sales/ out of warranty repair.

Chin up.

LMT
    Free Member

Apple are amazing with customer service, my experience was the weekend, my iphone broke it got stuck in a reboot loop, wouldn't come out of it. So i popped to the apple store in Solihull i knew it was broke just wanted confirmation. Spoke to one of the guys who told me it was out of warranty by 5 months and that is was definatley broke. Told me to wait while he checked something, came back 5 mins later told me he had more bad news, he said he couldn't transfer all my apps and other stuff to a new phone, i thought what new phone, he pulled an new iphone out of the draw, registered it and popped my sim card in and handed it to me. I queried the new phone, all i got was don't worry all sorted now!

grievoustim
    Free Member

do you still post on twitter Mr Nutt – I recall you had a lot of followers?

maybe you are too big for apple to make an enemy of?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I do now and then, think I may get back into it actually 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

I'd expect good service if I was paying double what I needed for something :p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Me and Apple Computers…’ is closed to new replies.