• This topic has 165 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)
  • Mayweatther V Pacquiao
  • pondo

Yep. He’s going to win by running away a lot.

For me it’s more about Pacquiao not applying enough pressure, being cagey and allowing Mayweather to keep it tidy.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Manny to win in real terms. Mayweather in Las Vegas to win if it goes on points.

This…

wrecker
    Free Member

Mayweathers movement is very slick though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    Yep. He’s going to win by running away a lot.

For me it’s more about Pacquiao not applying enough pressure, being cagey and allowing Mayweather to keep it tidy.It’s actually more to do with mayweathers ability to dodge punches and land more than his opponent , love or hate him, he’s bloody good at what he does.

Mayweather is well ahead in this for me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bloody boring though. I’ll never pay to watch a FM fight.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s a boring fight at all.

pondo

What Watt said – “I expected Pcquiao to rain punches”. Ain’t happened, to Mayweather’s credit.

pondo

Boring? Are you shitting me?

wrecker
    Free Member

Hardly fight of the century.

spacemonkey

3 rounds remaining. Unfortunately can’t see anything other than a Mayweather victory. Pacman unable to land anything of any significance. Mayweather just dancing and defending.

pondo

Hardly fight of the century.

Boredom personified.

wrecker
    Free Member

? what are you on about?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Mayweather is shit to watch. He’ll win without deserving it.

pondo

? So far from fight of the century it’s boredom personified? Sorry I’ve got to explain it.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not a person (personified). Hence the confusion.

pondo

Disappointed at the result, but can’t even slightly argue with it.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

First time I’ve watched Mayweather fight, would have been better off sleeping, what a boring boxer.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

that fight went quick.. worth watching. Feel for Pac man. The crowd was harsh tonight on Mayweather but showed he could be hit and take them.

mikey3
    Free Member

Well that went how most people who watch mayweather fights thought it would,as unlikeable as the guy is outside the ring, no matter who he faces inside it he always seems to take away the danger they pose and control the fight.Hate to say it but he really is on another level.And he’s got all the tricks aswell,if anyone does actually get within the same postcode as him and does land a punch he just holds and pushes them down and defuses the danger,clever boxer indeed.

duckman

Mayweather is slowing down,but still better than anybody else. Pacquiao now being a dick in the press conference.

wrecker
    Free Member

Pacquiao now being a dick in the press conference.

I think he’s got to say that to push for a rematch. Doubt he believes it though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That was just a bit shit really!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, I now have to deal with a bunch of morose Filipinos.

Whoooooooooooooo.

I feel sorry for Manny, I dislike Mayweather as much as the next guy, Manny just didn’t seem to play to his own strengths and only showed sparks of his usual fire. There were times when I didn’t understand why Manny didn’t follow through when he had him against the ring punching him, backed off once even before the ref split it up. Mayweather getting angry and telling him “No you can’t do that” when manny had him on the back foot wound me up as well….just **** hit him again. Just didn’t push….

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

A phone call to virginmedia when they open – bloody TiVo box did a reboot just before the start of the 11th decides to come back on when it’s all over.Fuming

wolfenstein
    Free Member

#disappointed
    #nopike
    #noccdb

mooman
    Free Member

Went pretty much as most people who know boxing expected.
    Mayweather shuts down Pacman in a pretty drab affair.

Both guys are knocking 40, so experienced enough to stick to a plan if it’s working, and too old to change it if it’s not.

Don’t rule out a rematch. If interest is there, and enough money is on table …

If no rematch – Who does Floyd have his final fight with in September?
    Lots think Khan. But I think he is too risky at this stage, he has that glass chin but is very fast. That would make Mayweather being the aggressor if Khan keeps it long.

mikey3
    Free Member

If mayweather wins his next fight isn’t he level with Marciano on 49-0,cant see him leaving it there,he’ll want to get to 50-0,he does call himself the best ever so he will hate to share the record.

DezB
    Free Member

As I said Mayweather a genius in the ring. Awesome to watch such skill. People who think that was boring don’t understand how good Pacquiao is and Mayweather (unfortunately) completely nullified him wwith amazing reactions and movement.
    The few times Manny found a way through it was slightly encouraging, but he could never sustain anything.

So glad I sky+ed it and could skip to 300mins and miss all that build up crap!

DezB
    Free Member

Ps. Totally agreed with everything Carl Froch said, so whoever said he’s not a good pundit got that wrong imo.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Given everyone talked up Manny’s work rate, mayweather threw more punches and landed many more.

As for his next opponent – wont be khan as september is ramadam. If that fight goes ahead khan will be destroyed.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m far from a boxing expert, but I think I can appreciate what a fine boxer FM is and still find the fight boring as a spectacle. Neither really looked like they’d had 12 rounds of boxing afterwards and certainly not fight of the century.
    Same with the klitschkos, great tactical boxers but I’ve found every one of the fights ive seen mind numbingly boring. I certainly wouldn’t pay to watch FM or the klitschkos fight. I’d sooner go to some local pro bouts and watch my mates fight.

chewkw
    Free Member

A slight bruised pride for how much?

I hope they put their money to good use.

🙄

jimjam
    Free Member

An interesting fight from a technical viewpoint, but not a great spectacle. Neither man displayed much genuine will to win.

mooman
    Free Member

Total nonsense to say Khan would turn down a fight with Mayweather just because its in September … he has fought professionally in September a couple times already.

Mayweather says he is not interested in going better or equalling Marciano`s unbeaten record.
    It must be remembered he only has one more fight left on his contract … no doubt its a way to get more money offered for the next contract.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Total nonsense to say Khan would turn down a fight with Mayweather just because its in September … he has fought professionally in September a couple times already.

“I can’t do September because of Ramadan. It just depends on my schedule this year but if we can do this year or early next year I will definitely jump to it.”

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/32572073

BoardinBob

Khan’s three losses have been post Ramadan and I expect it seriously impedes his training. No surprise he doesn’t want to fight in september

stevedoc
    Free Member

Im sorry I just don’t understand all the hype about Mayweather ,its been poor to be fair , April was much nicer

Kryton57

Oh dear. The scorecard has been published to show the result was for the red corner. That’s paccciaous. Yet at the bottom of the card are the words “Mayweather wins by unanimous decision”

Not sure if it’s a fake but it’s doing the rounds on the Internet.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I dont suppose a dodgy guy in a fedora was having a chat with the judges at the time.

I think there was a a high level of respect and feeling that it was a bit of an exhibition match ( wrestling type match) .
    Mayweather will relinquish his belts today according to the bbc interview ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32572656) and have one last non title fight.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh dear. The scorecard has been published to show the result was for the red corner

Nothing even remotely suspicious there – The card is all written in the same hand, so my guess would be that the person who did it just put the scores under the names and wasn’t looking at the red/blue corner bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Mayweatther V Pacquiao’ is closed to new replies.