Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Max rotor size on 853 On-One Inbred?
  • Shanghaied
    Free Member

I've had a reissued On-One Inbred in 853 for a year or so now, and was beginning to get tired of the brakes not slowing me down enough on really steep downhills sections. So I thought I'd get 180mm rotors on both front and rear, except I can't seem to find any info on whether the frame will stand up to larger rotor sizes. It looks like the larger rotor will fit just fine but will not leave a lot of room afterwards.

Has anyone had any experiences or know for sure?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I've got 180mm discs on my DN6 standard geared inbred. Looks like it would take 200s aswell.

Shanghaied
    Free Member

Hmm interesting, I think I've heard that the stays on the 853 bikes are also made from cro-mo, aka DN6…

nickc

better brakes?

Try a 180mm on the front, but given the 853 Inbred is for "general" XC I'd be surprised if you'd need more than that

mk1fan
    Free Member

I'd say your brakes need some attention rather than larger rotors. I'm 15-stone in my kit and run 160f/140r without issue on my Trail HT. My DH bike has 185f/160r.

Oh the brake set up is Juicy levers and Elixir callipers (Code on the front of the DH bike).

If the brakes are working correctly then I'd upgrade the front rotor at first. There's only so much braking you can put through the rear wheel.

I have no idea what the largest rotor you can fit to the back of an 853 Inbred.

Inbred456
    Free Member

180 on the front and 160 on the back inbred 456, stops me fine and I'm a big b*$tard.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Max rotor size on 853 On-One Inbred?’ is closed to new replies.