Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Crosstrail UST tyres
  • ash77
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a good UST tyre for these wheels (2008) as ive bought a pair. An particular make that work better than others? Any that wont fit or diffcult to fit? Been looking around at tubeless wheels and it seems some fit easily others dont so not willing to shell out on expensive tyres that I have to spend ages messing around with. Looking at 2.1’s
    cheers

Jason
    Free Member

If you stick with proper UST tyres they are all fairly easy to mount on Crosstrail rims. I have used Schwalbe Nobby Nics, Maxxis Crossmarks, Larsen TT & Michelin XCR muds. Of those the worst were the Michelins, as I had to resort to using CO2 to inflate when new, the rest went on no trouble at all with just a track pump – in fact I managed to get the Nobby Nics on with a mini pump. Now that the Michelins have been used a bit they seat/inflate ok.

If you use a bit of soapy water when you first inflate them it makes it easier too.

ash77
    Free Member

Thanks Jason, ever tried them with panaracer fires?

Jason
    Free Member

No just the ones I have listed above. TBH I really can’t see you have a problem if you stick with the proper UST ones.

I tend to need to use tyre levers to sit the tyres. I can normally fit tyres without levers, but I have found the mavic rims pretty tight for getting the tyres on and off.

ash77
    Free Member

Excelllent, thanks again. While im on this subject. Is it necessary to use sealent, I understand the principle but if I do happen to puncture then I could just put a tube in until I patched the tyre after a ride?

Jason
    Free Member

You don’t have to use sealant, the tyres should inflate and hold air fine without it. However by not using it you are missing out on one of the big benefits of going tubeless, it is not really that much hassle to add a scoop of solution before fitting a tyre.

If you get a puncture while you are out it is fairly easy to fit a tube, you just need to remove the valve in the rim.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crosstrail UST tyres’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM