• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mert.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mavic crossmax – serial numbers not working on Mavic website?
  • keithb

Hi all,.
    I picked up some 26″ Crossmax XL wheels recently, and I’m pretty sure the freehub bushing is worn and needs replacing.

However, when I went to confirm the model on the Mavic website, by typing in the serial number on the rim, the website returns no results.

Looking at the tech manuals across the years, I think the model I have was introduced in 2003, but can’t confirm that without being able to check the serial number.

Does anyone else have similar issues? Is this a fall out of the financial difficulties Mavic fell into a few years back? Or have I bought some very good fakes?

Serbian numbers are 8 digit numbers, no letters by the way…

timber

Obviously sat on the sofa rather than near the bike and a job I did on mine quite a while back, probably about 10 years ago.

Black wheels with white graphics? There is a better nylon replacement part that by some American company, quite possibly available from somewhere like SJS Cycles or Billy’s.

Try Googling, or wait for me to check the wheels and spares box when I next get a chance.

timber

From American eBay, seller is the hub doctor /jbosboom and they do standard/oversize and somewhere in between bush kits.

Search “crossmax bush”

rickmeister

While Crossmax Bush sounds like some sort of adult entertainment star, it could be this:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261587824257?hash=item3ce7d96e81:g:Px4AAOSw8Ehe4gKl

keithb

Ah yeah, thanks for the hubdoctor links, but once you add postage they cost more than a new freehub. I may go for that on the one I remove.

But has anyone else had 8ssues with serial numbers on the Mavic site?

timber

Admittedly the wheels were newer and more current standard when I did it so it made financial sense then to repair wheels that cost as much new as top end forks at the time.

keithb

Actually, rickmeister’s link is different from the ones I found, and has much reduced postage. So that’ll be decision made!

Thanks all!!

mert
    Free Member

The Mavic website didn’t register about 2/3rds of the Mavic wheels I’ve had over the years. Ironically, the most expensive (€1000+) go straight through…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.