Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Maverick DUC32 Air Cartridge Servicing Question
  • burley_bob
    Free Member

I have drained the old oil and replaced with new (+5ml extra) as I was bottoming out the fork.

However I cannot seem to be able to reinstall the shrader core screw. When I look down through the shrader core hole the bushing is off centre and I cannot see the thread.

Anybody got any tops for getting the shrader core valve back in and my forks re-inflated?

Cheers

snaps
    Free Member

You mean the air spring side? (left side as you sit on the bike)
    A very small movement at the drop out moves the hole a long way, is it possible you're moving it past the line up point?

burley_bob
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry the LHS. How do you get the air spring rod to remain extended? So that I am able to the screw past the rubber seal and screw it in?

sheldona
    Free Member

Push the stancheon all the way in (Like full travel) If it is misaligned ie, the thread is all the way home and touvhing the top but out of line it sounds like the H section is warped.

scotty2
    Free Member

YES!! Easy! Unscrew the quick release lever for the lower rear shock mount (it has a longer thread but the same pitch and diameter as the schrader core), compress the fork fully and wind the quick release skewer for the shock a couple of turns into the air cartridge. Using the lever pull the cartridge firmly to the top of the stanchion. Unscrew the QR lever and screw in the valve core.

Hows that?

burley_bob
    Free Member

Thanks Ayatollahofniche.

As far as I could see last night it was only the black rubber seal that was not aligned. Can this be moved back into place with a biro or something?

sheldona
    Free Member

Which black rubber seal?
    If its not too far out then yes you can move it back.
    I warped an H section once and ended up buying a new upper as the seals were wearing premiturly.

burley_bob
    Free Member

I had a look at the diagrams on the Maverick site and I think it must be the ~DU Bushing 10 X 12 X 6~ thatis not aligned with the valve hole.

sheldona
    Free Member

IIRC the Du bushing isn't seen, all you should see is the threaded end where the valve sits? I think the DU bushing sits inside the airspring assembley.

burley_bob
    Free Member

Arrgghhh, from the diagram that would make sense. So the bushing has somehow come through the ~DUC32 SealHead, SpringTube~ abd got stuck in the top of the LHS fork, which is preventing me from screwing the valve into the air cartridge?

I wonder if I would be able to poke it out, put it in the right place and try again?

sheldona
    Free Member

Just thinking about this, I assumed you are talking about putting the air spring assembly back in to the uppers?

sheldona
    Free Member

Forget my last post.
    Yeah I think the part you are talking about needs to be inside the assembly. The threaded part sticks up through the hex top cap which holds the piton assembly togeather. Then the bumpstop is the only part which sits above this point.

burley_bob
    Free Member

Yeah, Which would explain why when I take the stanchion out it looks like there is the black bushing stuck in the top at a funny angle. I will try poking it out reassembling, 5ml of oil of lube, 40ml for the main comp. then hopefully the air cartridge will be waiting there ready for the valve to be screwed in?

sheldona
    Free Member

Maybe 🙂

burley_bob
    Free Member

For sure, maybe.

I am doing a MIAS course at the weekend and need my bike for one of the days.

Classic example of why not to duck around with a fully working bike days before it is needed.

sheldona
    Free Member

Good Luck

burley_bob
    Free Member

😳

Realised what the problem was last night in the cold light of day.

The fork has been adapted for use with a 29” wheel. It turned out to be the spacer and bottom out bumper which had come off the and got wedged at the top of the fork preventing me from screw the valve.

After a wee poke and re-assemble the problem was solved. Phew.

Apologies for wasting your time but cheers for the help.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Maverick DUC32 Air Cartridge Servicing Question’ is closed to new replies.