Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Marzocchi Bomber CR Coil Shock
  • doomanic

Anyone using one? Thoughts?

It’s a couple of hundred quid cheaper than an RS Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, is the RS worth the extra dosh?

escrs
    Free Member

The Marzocchi Bomber CR is based on the Fox van shock (FOX now own Marzocchi) if that helps

mashr

…which means it should be very tuneable (internally) and last forever

chakaping
    Free Member

Used to get very good results with a Push kit in the Van. Dunno if people are still doing that though?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Used to get very good results with a Push kit in the Van. Dunno if people are still doing that though?

TF don’t have a price against it, but IIRC the Van was basically a DHX5 without the pressure and volume adjustments so they should be able to tune it that way. Regardless, like most shocks there was a shim stack on the main piston which could be tuned, the external adjustments are just fine tuning.

IMO simple shocks with custom tunes work as well as overly complicated shocks anyway. Yes you might not have the perfect tune for a trail center one week and the Peak district the next. But equally you never have a self inflicted wrong tune for both!

Ask TF, they sell, service and tune both so you should get a decent answer out of them.

mashr

J-Tech do PUSH stuff these days so good chance it could be done

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

TFTuned were listing PUSH tuning as a £50 option if buying the shock from them at the same time.. I haven’t checked if this is still the case but easy enough to find out.

doomanic

They are still offering the Push tuning as an option.

I’ll be buying from Sprung as they are closer and willing to get a shock in to check fitment/clearance before I commit. They can also custom tune it, not that I’d know what I want anyway…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Bomber CR Coil Shock’ is closed to new replies.