Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Manx MTB 2 day Enduro
  • slimporcini
    Free Member

Two day Enduro on the Isle of Man 9/10th of July. £50 entry is an absolute bargain. Just got mine in, is anyone signed up?

mark88

Unfortunately not. I’m a Manx lad so really want to go back for it but got too much other stuff going on in the next couple of months to justify it.

I covered most of last year’s route a couple of months ago. It’ll be a tough couple of days but the trails are well worth it. Enduro mag were very complimentary of last year’s event.

slimporcini
    Free Member

i have no doubt how tough it’s going to be. I’ve raced a few of their enduros before, but never the two dayer, and the transitions can be a bit of a killer. As you say the trails are so worth it! I know a few of the southern trails, cringle and kerrow-dhoo, but not all so there’s going to be some blind racing in there too, which will be interesting
    I’m a manx man myself so I don’t have to worry about accomodation, which is sweet! the boat was £35. It all works out to be a great value event for me.

mark88

I would presume Cringle (a new flowy trail went in over winter) will be included along with Kerrowdhoo and Arrasey. The final stage on both days last year was a DH style stage in Sleui Whallian.

Last year the route included a stage in Glen Helen plantation each day, I haven’t tried these they didn’t hold up well through winter.

Accommodation wouldn’t be a problem for me, but a day off work either side to drive up from London and having to pay for the car on the boat was an issue.

charliemort

I did the Manx 2 day motorbike enduro once – that was bad enough. I was an okay rider and did a special test in 14 minutes; David knight (multi world champ) did 7……

Still have nightmares about the “plantations of death”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Manx MTB 2 day Enduro’ is closed to new replies.