Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Malverns conditions?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Where is that nunuboogie?

nunuboogie
    Free Member

IIRC Up the road from red lion? But can double check for you 🙂

ski
    Free Member

That looks great fun nunuboogie, how much of a run did you manage to string together?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I saw some too on sat. Looked fun but don't know how many runs I'd manage without a lift 😳

Stoner
    Free Member

Thats up on the north hill/sugar loaf transition.

I have my board here in the house but I cant be arsed with all the walking for suh a little run – Im more your lazy carving kind of chap. Not to mention I "freestyle" like an epileptic octopus.

camster
    Free Member

I remember bunking off 6th form at the Chase to go skiing at a friends farm on the side of the hills – c 1984 ish!

inigomontoya
    Free Member

hows your road looking now stoner? going to leominster in the morning – cowleigh road could be interesting!

Stoner
    Free Member

Not too bad to the top of Belvoir, but I cant vouch for it round to the Wyche.

havent heard a gritter go by so ice will be a problem tomorrow.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Ski wasn't me unfortunatley i was at work 🙁 but i gather they were at it all morning, must have been knackering walking back up the hill!

aracer
    Free Member

I have my board here in the house but I cant be arsed with all the walking for suh a little run

No, me neither – XC skis seems much more worth the bother.

Stoner
    Free Member

Just been up on to north hill (by foot) as a convoluted way to the pub. Walked passed nunboogie's mate's kicker. That bowl between north hill and sugar loaf is a lovely spot for boarding.

Someone has also built very respectable igloo up there too – there was a candle still lit in it.

humanbean settling in for the night. Obviously the roof is yet to come:

grtdkad
    Free Member

Managed to get in our regular route earlier tonight. Conditions still tricky – 50% snow/ice. The entire descent from Sugarloaf down to St Anns Well was sheet ice, couldn't even stand up!
    South of the Wyche was mainly rideable but a bit tricky on high/exposed areas and ice fields around the more sheltered corners…
    …all in all a fun night but really looking forward to solid ground!!

grtdkad
    Free Member

…that should of course read 50% Snow/Ice and 50% Mud/Stone…

Anybody been up today? The way the torrents were coming off the tops I imagine it would be almost clear now, just in time for this Wednesday's snow!

aracer
    Free Member

Not been up since the snow went. Does look like very little snow up there – though the small lines of white tracing where some of the tracks higher up are isn't the best sign!

Of course as you say, another big dump due tomorrow, though it looks like that should all go again in a big thaw on Thursday and Friday.

BlobOnAStick

Well, the Camster and myself were up there last night and the trails around the northern section and down to British Camp were surprisingly dry. Worst bit was around the 'easy access' path from the carpark behind the pub at British Camp (Blackdown carpark?)

There were a couple of patches of hardy snow left on the chute down from the Beacon which made for an interesting time!

Ben

Alex

We were up there too from the south side. Ended up at the Wyche and back from there. Compared to Sunday, a lot less snow on the paths and the tops were fab and dry.

Agree about those patches tho, woooah they were properly slippy.

Snowing again here now so assume all bets are off in terms of what it's like now.

Also, own up who has been up in the hills adding extra bits and steeper gradients over Christmas 😉

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Went up tonight, fairly tricky and snowy, not to mention cold.

On the roads there isn't too much to worry about so long as you don't use the very small lanes (such as by stoner). Fine also near Wyche.

Stoner
    Free Member

moe – did you hear about trev? Bit of a blow to the westerners. He'll be missed.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Yes I did, was on honeymoon at the time, but got an email. Very sad, have they done an autopsy yet?

Stoner
    Free Member

Dont think necc. Would probably find fried breakfast in his heart if they did. Reported as heart attack in bed morning of the 2nd I gather.

hed only just managed to stop smoking a few months ago. A legend of a guy. SO friendly to everyone. He was only 48.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Thats what we thought, although it was actually a suspected brain hemorrhage. Postmortem showed nothing however, hence autopsy. Very sudden and very very sad, as you say not old and no health problems. No been back since (only been back 5 days). Will feel guilty if i go to the nags though!

Stoner
    Free Member

Sue's still running the place as usual with lots of support from locals.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Great, I will head over soon. I spent a night in the vaults before xmas. If you haven't been then don;t stop on your way to the nags head, just keep going……..

grtdkad
    Free Member

Night ride tonight with my lad & for the record, conditions = nice

…95% grippy which makes a change!

😀

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Malverns conditions?’ is closed to new replies.