Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Malvern snow…who's been out?
  • grtdkad
    Free Member

Still a load of snow around our house – I fancy a quick ride tonight but have had enough of ice and snow rides. Wondering if any of you have been up today and what the conditions are like for riding?

ps44
    Free Member

We walked the full length and back yesterday on the ridge. Beautiful, and rideable all the way (but I was doing my duty !). We tried a few of the side tracks and it was over knee deep in places.

Stoner
    Free Member

brrr. no thanks. Ive only made to the Nags and back and that'll do for me.

Might manage to make it out for another pint tonight before the next snowfall 😉

Alex

Off tomorrow for the weekly 7:30am ride from Hollybush. Looked snowy on top earlier. Should be fun 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

al – there's more snow forecast for the early hours of the morning tomorrow.

Hope you pack your thermal undies!

Alex

Yeah I heard that Mark but it's become a bit of a ritual and I'm mostly recovered from MouseLung(tm). So desperate to ride. One thing I have found this winter is my 4×4 is awesome in the snow. I am less so 😉

bobbyspangles

yep, been out today.
    tank car park up the switchbacks(urgh!) and over to the beacon then down to upper wych and round the back and ending up dropping down the stairs.

tough going but such a glorious day today it would have been silly not too!

bobbyspangles

lots of the trails are covered with deep untracked snow and i found them unrideable, and i'm great, so if i can't ride them then neither can you!

keyses2

i was out yesterday late afternoon round north hill and the beacon and found about half my route rideable, the other half was wading through drifts that were mostly knee deep, although i did end up wedged in one that was nearly top tube deep 😯

mboy
    Free Member

ACE!

Sounds like the perfect venue for a pootle tomorrow 😀

rOcKeTdOg

and i'm great, so if i can't ride them then neither can you!

are you Glupton/smee etc etc?

no chance of an email now 😉

bobbyspangles

whateva treva

rOcKeTdOg

treva who?

😛

bobbyspangles

treva whateva, innit!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Malvern snow…who's been out?’ is closed to new replies.