Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Maintenance Stand
  • daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Looking for a maintenance stand around £100

Anything other than PCS9 worth looking at?

Dekerf
    Free Member

I had tried a few sub £100 stands over the years, and none compairs to a Park PCS10 i got recently.

Not sure how it compares to the 9, but i can highly recommend my one.

If you shop around you can get some cracking deals on them (mine was only £55 after free gift vouchers and company discount) but think it would have been about £105 otherwise

cubicboy
    Free Member

After spending years with a ‘grip by the seatpost’ stand I bought a Tacx Spider Team T3350. You have to take the front (or rear) wheel off but it’s super-stable and built to last. Rose have them for circa £110.

nickharv

I now have a PCS-10 after trying some cheaper options over the years. Would definitely recommend it if your budget will stretch to it. Has a better clamp vs. the PCS9.

Dekerf
    Free Member

The pcs-10 can be had for £109 on ebay new delivered or there is a second hand one for £50 at the moment, in nottingham

Elsewhere seen it for £118 on amazon

rene59
    Free Member

This is quite good. Had many trouble free years from mine and still going strong.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/team-bike-workstand-id_8214672.html

stevious

Second the Tacx Spider recommendation. I have the Park version and much prefer it to the seatpost-gripping designs.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Ok, so sounds like a fairly good shout for either the PCS10 or the Tracx Spider.

Having never used a stand what the pros/cons of either design?

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

http://www.feedbacksports.com/shop/pro-elite-work-stand/

Anyone opinions on this?

Little more expensive, than the PCS10, but it’s only money right?

Think I would prefer a seatpost clamp type.

benpinnick

Not really the thing to do offering stuff on a chat forum, but if your interested I can do you a Tacx Spider Professional (the seatpost clamping design) for £99 delivered if you’re interested. Going to order a couple more for the ever expanding workshop at Bird (They are my favourite stands, even over a Park) and I’ll get a decent volume price. Email me on ben@birdmtb.co.uk if you want one.

They are super stable, quick to whack a bike in, and fold up pretty neatly (Its all relative, there are smaller but none so surefooted).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Feedback is the stand of choice for the bike shops doing race support out here. Used one, it’s great.

alexpalacefan

Professional mobile mechanic here.

Feedback FTW. Mine has gone up multiple times each day for the last six years and still going strong. I’d by another without hesitation.

APF

Northwind

I was going to recommend my Minoura, then I looked at what they cost now 😯

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Taking Ben up on his kind offer 🙂

Tacx Spider Pro

Thanks for all the import.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Maintenance Stand’ is closed to new replies.