Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Macerating/Saniflo Toilets
  • Dark-Side

We are considering installing a macerating toilet in a downstairs extension on the house. Due to the layout of the sewer system and the location of the extension, a conventional loo is out of the question due to the associated costs, but researching Saniflo on the interweb throws up plenty of horror stories about them. Has anyone any real world experience of Saniflo’s or similar toilet systems? At some point will I end up covered in poo unblocking the thing due over exuberant use of toilet paper or the flushing of used tampons?

Dark-Side

Woops, wrong forum sorry!

wwaswas

*what tyres for a blocked downstairs lav*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how far from where you sleep?
    We had one in a flat, it would sit silent until around 3am when a level sensor went or something and then chop for it’s life for 30s.

meehaja
    Free Member

loud, expensive, bulky and at some point it will fail. When it does, no plumber will want to work on it and will insist on replacing the whole system. When it goes in the basement your basement will be flooded with some very unpleasent “things”!

Women break them!

(I hvae 3 of the bloody things, am tempted to knock down a wall just to remove the need for one of them!)

VanHalen

as above.

but can be useful.

servicing is £90 on ours. but the biggest issue in the quality of teh install/workmanship of the pumped pipe connection to avoid blockages.

basement flooding is bad.very bad. and smelly and expensive.

ours was used alot (shower and kitchen) but now we make sure its used sparingly.

VanHalen

double post

Dark-Side

how far from where you sleep?

it would be in an extension at the front of the house, no bedrooms above it!

Meehaja, thats the kind of thing I have been hearing, not sure whether to implement a ‘wees only’ rule, or not bother with a downstairs toilet at all. We have an office/study downstairs which doubles as a frequently used guest room for my in-laws mainly. They are at the age where frequent trips throughout the night to empty their bladder are needed and being able to stay downstairs would be handy.

Next year we are planning a loft extension too, which will have a conventionally plumbed en suite, so this will only ever be occasional use.

wwaswas

problem solved;

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Macerating/Saniflo Toilets’ is closed to new replies.