Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • M10 external diameter pin- where from?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Need to replace a suspension pin on my mates Mongoose- proper part is only available as a £80 kit.

Looking for a M10 external pin, with maybe a M6 internal diameter to run a bolt through.

Any ideas?

Can you run cartridge bearings on a M10 bolt (running on the threads)- I suspect not!

GW
    Free Member

a longer M10 bolt? (so you don’t need to run it on the threads?)

paule
    Free Member

If you’re going down the bolt route, make sure that the shank (the unthreaded bit) stops pretty much level with the outside of the shock mount on your frame. You don’t want to be loading the threaded section via the frame if possible – ideally, the shank will finish level with the outside of the frame, then you’ll put a washer on, followed by a nylock nut.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get a blot which has an unthreaded shank rather than a machine screw which is threaded all the way down. Nice long m10 bolt and cut the threaded part off the end

a mix of bolts with unthreaded shafts and machine screws which thread all the way down.

You might be able to get something from a local engineering company – they will have stock bar in various sizes

*edit* – damn – too slow

GW
    Free Member

rock3? you ever in Paisley? I used to get bolts etc. from a nut n bolt etc. place in the industrial est opposite Halfords.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

GW, had forgotten that many longer bolts aren’t threaded along the whole length- so thats a bonus. Will have a look at the frame tommorow and then see if he needs to vist a fastner shop.

Unfortunately we are both on the North of the City, but sure there will be something closer..

Offroading
    Free Member

What’s the exact spec you need ?

I make my own shock mounting kits…

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Offroading, mail me with more details..

Will need to measure!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘M10 external diameter pin- where from?’ is closed to new replies.