Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lyrik RC2- owners feedback
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Aware than the previous RCT3 Lyrik for some still required a ramp control and or/luftkappe to get the best from it. Who owns and has had some decent riding time on these newer forks? Hopeing I can get a set for about £600 but I’d have to be confident they’d be a decent buy at that cost to me.

Looking for boost/29er and need something reliable and more composed through the rough than the Yari.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Just change the airspring for the 2019 version and there’s no issue. Only £38 and half an hour’s work.

JP

joebristol

Not got the rc2 but got a Yari where I’ve put in the 2019 airspring and an rct3 charger damper. For me I find the fork amazing now.

Cheaper for you to do that I’d imagine – I paid £42 for the airspring and around £225 for the damper. I took the chance to change the fork seals and lubricants and the same time – I think they cost about £35 for the kit. J tech tuning supplied the airspring and tf tuned did the rest. I fitted it all myself – first time I’d ever opened up a fork that wasn’t just a retro one with elastomers in to grease! Rockshox instruction manuals online and very detailed and it was easy to follow step by step.

Edit – to add I tried an mrp ramp control cartridge in it and didn’t like it so sold it on. It felt spikier under big / repeated hits. I’m now running with just one bottomless token and it feels pretty linear without blowing through its travel or bottoming out. Running just a few clicks of lsc (no idea of this is optimum) and I currently weight about 12 stone 9 (but normally weigh around 12 stone without festive excesses)!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I have a 2019 (red alluminium?) air shaft in the Yari, the damper itself isn’t great so I had thought about the damper switch but the stanchions on the Yaris have a few marks so wasn’t sure it was the right way to go.

I like the ramp cartridge on the Ribbon I have ridden but not tried that or any other Rockshox mod.

marksnook
    Free Member

I’m on an rc2 lyrik and hated it compared to my luftkappe pike. Was running 3 tokens to get it sensitive though bottoming out. Then saw the recent lyrik thread and went back to basics. Fork feels great now, I’m about 85kg and ride fairly hard. Running rebound in the middle somewhere and compression fully backed off. Find the thread and do what raybanwomble and others were saying.
    Ps I cant work out how to link the other thread!

joebristol

Well worth the damper change then. As long as the marks on the stanchions aren’t too bad and it holds air fine / doesn’t leak grease or line out the seals then should be fine. My Yari / Lyrik got a stone caught between the stanchion and the brace which scratched mine a while back. Still seals fine and I’ve touched it up with humbrol enamel paint so it looks less bad!

rickon
    Free Member

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rockshox-lyrik-settings/

That’s the link to my thread 🙂

Made a huge difference to the fork.

rickon
    Free Member

I’m on a 2018 Lyrik RCT3 charger 2, with the 2019 debonair air assembly.

It’s a brilliant fork. Running mine at 150mm 29er.

It’s very supportive mid-stroke, very sensitive, and feels proper solid. It did take about 10 hours of riding for the seals and bushings to loosen up a little.

Better than a Pike. I’d be interested to try the RC2 damper, as I do feel there’s too much HSC.

singlespeedstu

No offence but i’d discount anything Joe says as I’m sure he means well but anyone that struggles with the uplift trails at FoD may not know enough to advise you on setup.

Did an uplift day at the above today. Had fun, but it was quite difficult technically I thought

RCT3 has been fine and easy to set up for me and not lacking in any way.
    More adjustment on the RC2 may not make it better.
    We are after all mostly average…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik RC2- owners feedback’ is closed to new replies.