Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lyrik pressure problem
  • zcmudd
    Free Member

Lyrik rct3 solo 2016 …

An experienced pike rider helped me with a fork service and after I feel like I lost progressiveness and need more pressure. We checked everything, no scratches, bled the damper, changed the black air seal head, and still no fix…

Im 70kg and I rode 55-60psi with one token

now i need 70-80psi just to stop burning up travel… and i even put in another token,,,, whaaats going on??

I have not bought the 200hr service kit,,, could it help?

zcmudd
    Free Member

well,,,, i think i just decided to get the Debonair upgrade since its actually cheaper than the service kit,,, i hope it helps…

joebristol

Maybe you were somehow trapping extra pressure in the negative spring which was causing it to suck down? Were you getting more sag than normal?

The new airspring makes the fork more willing to get moving earlier in the travel. Should be quite easy for you to fit if you’ve already removed the existing airspring to change the seal on it. Just be careful not to scratch the inner of the stanchion leg as you take the old spring out / put the new one in.

Also, if you serviced the charger damper did you definitely put the right amount of oil in it?

zcmudd
    Free Member

Maybe there could be an issue with trapped negative air, because the rebound with the bike standing is like in the middle of the 10 percent mark. and when i took the lowers off the air spring was retracted some,,, How can that be lowered?

I was half watching my friend bleed the damper so im not sure, but I trust he did right,, hes done it many times on his bikes and hes skilled.

joebristol

The damper and the airspring are separate sides. If the air spring is sucking down on its own then I think  that can be quite common. I’m not sure what the answer is though. I’d fit the new air spring when it arrives according to Rockshox instructions (there’s a separate installation guide for that upgrade I found when I did mine) and see what occurs.

singlespeedstu

Did you fully extend the damper before you tightened the bolts on the lowers?

If you didn’t you could have negative pressure in the lowers that would cause what you’re describing.

Turn the bike upside down undo the bolts half way and release them as if you were removing the lowers.

Then pull the fork up to fully extend it and re tighten the bolts.

If that doesn’t work strip them down again and make sure the transfer port is clear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik pressure problem’ is closed to new replies.