Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • LYRIK 2-STEP- does the warranty fix work?
  • hora
    Free Member

So my 2009 Lyriks need to go back under warranty.

If they are fettled- do they work afterwards? Or should I just bite the bullet and argue for a coil/Uturn cart fitted?

undapressure
    Free Member

Mine went back under warranty and had the 2-step repaired, its working fine now. Would have had the coil conversion done but Fisher didn't have all of the necessary parts. Lots of people seem to get the coil conversion done under warranty

hora
    Free Member

What went wrong with yours? I had trouble going from 115 to 160 without compressing hard then manualling. Even then I still had <1 inch at times that I could pull out with my hands. 'We' put this down to the breaking in period/tight seals.

Plus- the rebound now seems to be spiking.

akira

Hora, what have they been doing?
    Mine seem to be fine most of the time but sometimes end up down at 115mm, not sure whether to wait and see or just get them sorted.

hora
    Free Member

akira- as above. Now in addition to the 'sticky' travel adjust they are spiking on square-edge hits. I wound the rebound to full-slow and even then the rebound was kicking back (with a tad attempt at dampening)

undapressure
    Free Member

Hora – my travel reduced to 115mm then rose back to 150mm within a second!! This happened within 10 rides! My 2-steps still need to be manualled to get the travel to return, maybe the compressed oil does not have the pressure to return the forks to full travel without being unweighted?

hora
    Free Member

maybe the compressed oil does not have the pressure to return the forks to full travel without being unweighted

Shouldnt matter though as it works on actual air psi that you have in the cart itself? (thats a educated-guess rather than actual knowledge of the 2step though).

hora
    Free Member

Anyone else?

neil853
    Free Member

My two step failed all together , but luckily was stuck at 160mm. I had the coil unit fitted as Fisher's didn't have any 2step parts. I have to say that they do work better, but, they do wallow about a bit when compared to the 2step internals. Its a trade off I guess. I've got mine set up nice now 😆

alpin
    Free Member

my 2-step stopped dropping and sat at 160mm.

has been sent back under warrenty and, 8 months on, is still fine.

if i'm on the bike i always have to un-weight the front when wanting to return to full travel. not so if i'm not sat on it.

a mate has the coil Lyrik and i prefer the action of the air-sprung fork. the coil feels a bit wallowy in comparison, but this may be down to the spring weight.

timbercombe
    Free Member

I bought some second hand that'd been repaired, worked amazingly afterwards, preferred them to my coil lyriks.

hora
    Free Member

alpin- I read your comment on a prev thread of mine. Imagine being right over the front – PUMP them manual!…then repeat…its the same action (frustration) as using the Pure racing i850 seatpost 😆

Sound promising though if 8months yours is fine..I'd rather keep air internals as I was tired of winding up and down on the coils I used to have.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

my 2007 ones have been back twice, but appear to be fine now

first time round they lost all travel when lowered in the 115mm setting, second time they never achieved full 160mm travel (more like 145mm)

neil853
    Free Member

they do ride very different (coil and air). It took me quite a while to get my coil ones set up so that they didn't dive heavily and wallow. but once i played with the damping they are a lot smoother and handle repeated hits way better. I was willing to except the trade off for the performance.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will stick with the 2step internals for now.

From personal experience I am starting to wonder if SRAMs quality is like Manitou/Mazz at the moment. This is the THIRD set of Rockshox's I've had to send back for warranty fixes.

Lyrik Coil- New cart/'Micah' leak.
    Pike coil- hydrolocked/new cart
    Now these Lyrik airs. What gives?

Do Rockshox pay their assembly staff badly?!

hora
    Free Member

LBS opened the forks up- seals blown.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘LYRIK 2-STEP- does the warranty fix work?’ is closed to new replies.